Hello from Oregon!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I got the link to this site from a friend of mine in Iowa, I'm a total NEWBIE to the hobby and just bought my first kit and brewed a batch of porter for my very first brew.

So at any rate a little about me, I'm 55 yrs old/M/ and married to a fantastic lady whom I call SWMBO (she who must be obeyed:) lol.
I am lookking forward to being a member here and learning from all of you folks. The reason I say that is because it's a steep learning curve for me as of yet.
So folks, please bear with me if I should come up with questions that have been answered before.

This is my very first post here and just wanted to say hello to everyone and to thanks the owners of the website for making it available and that I do look forward to perusing all the various forums!

Cheers
Mongo:mug:

Welcome to another Orygonian and hope you enjoy your new obsession as much as the rest of us.

Which part of Oregon are you calling home, there could be lots of help in your area.

Aha - for some reason I thought Portland area when I read your original post(even thought you didn't type it!). I know there is one guy in Ashland that's on the forum, maybe you can hook up with him for a demo if you wanted to.

Hi Joker I'm enjoying it so far but am really bummed about my capper breaking yesterday on my first bottling attempt.

Cheers
Mongo

Aha - for some reason I thought Portland area when I read your original post(even thought you didn't type it!). I know there is one guy in Ashland that's on the forum, maybe you can hook up with him for a demo if you wanted to.
Now that's cool! Ashland is about 25=30 miles south of me.

Thanks!

Cheers

Mongo

....and married to a fantastic lady whom I call SWMBO (she who must be obeyed:) lol.

OMG! Did no one else catch this?!?! This fine gentleman (while shaking his hand excitedly) came here already knowing the term "SWMBO"!
Come in sir, have a seat.... can I offer you a beer? WELCOME TO HBT!

After you have been here a while, you will understand my seemingly idiotic post.... hint - search for SWMBO on the site.

H Mongo,
I'm up in Roseburg. We come down to Medford area about once a month during the summer
for autocross at the White City Sports Park.

I myself am the SWMBO in our family, and if the DH misbehaves, I threaten to cut off his supply of homebrew. Man, does that snap him back into line!! :)

Check out your area and see if there is an active homebrew club (I'm sure there must be) They'll help you get up the learning curve and into really great batches a lot quicker.

This forum has lot's of great stuff too.

Have fun, and enjoy your wonderful new hobby.

Hi Mongo,

Welcome to the frey! I am near Eugene. I have a homebrew friend who lives in Grants Pass if you need a contact for an experienced homebrewer around that area. I can send you his contact info if you want.

Happy Brewing to you.

Hi Mongo,

Welcome to the frey! I am near Eugene. I have a homebrew friend who lives in Grants Pass if you need a contact for an experienced homebrewer around that area. I can send you his contact info if you want.

Happy Brewing to you.

Ty tfries and yes please send me the info.
Always looking forward to meeting new folks.
Cheers
Mongo

H Mongo,
I'm up in Roseburg. We come down to Medford area about once a month during the summer
for autocross at the White City Sports Park.

I myself am the SWMBO in our family, and if the DH misbehaves, I threaten to cut off his supply of homebrew. Man, does that snap him back into line!! :)

Check out your area and see if there is an active homebrew club (I'm sure there must be) They'll help you get up the learning curve and into really great batches a lot quicker.

This forum has lot's of great stuff too.

Have fun, and enjoy your wonderful new hobby.

And I did get into contact with a couple of the guys locally.

LMAO on keeping our DH in line.:D

Today I have to go to my lhbs to see if I can get a new capper to replace the one I got in my brand new HB kit that broke the first time I used it. I had gotten a case bottled and capped and was filling and capping the 13th bottle (an ominous number if you ask me) when the lever on the capper snapped off in my hand.:mad:
So now here I sit with almost 2 gals in bottling bucket/ with the fermenter lid on it and hoping it'll still be ok to bottle and cap after sitting in bucket since sunday. I can only hope!

cheers
Mongo

Back