Quick- Please Respond - (pellet hop sediment into the fermenter?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearsWickedBrew

Reaction score
Just poured wort into pale...at the bottome of the brewpot..there seemed to be alot of residue for the hop pellets..should i pour this into the fermentor or leave out?

If you have a sanitized strainer handy, you can strain them through that; otherwise, just pour off as much wort as possible and leave the hop residue out. Either way, your beer will be fine. Don't worry if you can't get all the wort out of the brewpot.

-Steve

Just pour it in, it will settle out and compact on the bottom of the pail. You can strain it while pouring but it's a pain so I don't bother.

Actually, let me clarify my response... if there's a lot of wort left over, then you should get as much of it into the fermenter as possible. If you want to dump all of it in the fermenter, then go ahead.

-Steve

Alright well i dumped most of the wort in...but alot of the sediment is left behind,...OG is supposed to be 1.049 - 1.051....its very hto inb my aptmt right now...took OG and it abouts 1.044.

Another quick question..my directions say rehydrate yeast..which i did...then pittch..witch i did...then wait 10 minutes..& stir once or twice...should i stir? or leave as is?...right now im like 5 mins in of the 10

No stirring. Dump the yeast in, cap with an airlock, and walk away. Just walk away.

Make sure the wort is sufficiently cool (under 90 degrees F, preferably under 70).

It was cool..around 70ish..but now under...alright i'm going to fill w/ vodka right now..and walk away

Back