What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweetgrass APA

ForumRunner_20130804_213652.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Wow ... This already tastes better than it did at release. It's going to be tough to sit on the whiskey aged barrel.

What is that. Looks like a stout of some kind but the label is pretty sick. Looks like something out of pink Floyd's the wall.

Milk Stout - my own

6 weeks bottle conditioned. It gets better every time I sample one.

image-2884400673.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
That was an imperial stout - very well done. And I agree that the image is very Pink Floydish.

I wanted to say imperial but wasn't sure. The label seemed too fancy for the style of beer to be just a stout. Never used to think you could judge a beer by its label (book by its cover anyone?) but in my limited experience I'm noticing if a bottle has a label like that its probably barrel aged or 10+% alcohol and costs over 15$. Haha still can't judge the quality but can definitely glean a good amount of info. Glad you enjoyed it. Who brewed it BTW?

Strawberry Skeeter Pee planning our birthday week trip with the fiancee. Looks like the brewery list is changing. Now looking like Jolly Pumpkin, Arbor Brewing, Atwater, Dark Horse and Greenbush. Very pumped about JP of course but been there before. DH and GB are gonna be the jewels of this trip.

ForumRunner_20130805_005154.jpg

I wanted to say imperial but wasn't sure. The label seemed too fancy for the style of beer to be just a stout. Never used to think you could judge a beer by its label (book by its cover anyone?) but in my limited experience I'm noticing if a bottle has a label like that its probably barrel aged or 10+% alcohol and costs over 15$. Haha still can't judge the quality but can definitely glean a good amount of info. Glad you enjoyed it. Who brewed it BTW?

That was Tired Hands Only Void so yeah epic label for what has to be a epic beer.

Water. I had too much wine tonight. I did it for a good cause though; I need my flip top bottles for a batch that I need to bottle ASAP.

Strawberry-bananna fruit smoothie. Why I went with this over coffee, I'll never know. I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. At least the boss is outta town for the day. Doesn't push back the deadlines unfortunately.

Coffee soon to turn into beer since I have no work again today . Rain put me out for 2 weeks now .

I use about 25 feet of copper for my chiller . Nice in cold months but have to use ice bath in summer which adds 5.50 to a batch . Ice sure is pricey around here these days . thinking about removing my hops grains from freezer section of my fermentation fridge and turning it back up to freeze and making my own .

My German Hefeweizen on tap with a leftover slice of pizza. I always get the leftovers working nightshift >.<

what happened remmy?!

I was dealing with 7-8 cords of wood outside yesterday after barbecuing and I was already buzzed, so I didn't want to have a great craft brew and essentially put it to waste.....****. Shame on me.:rockin:

I was dealing with 7-8 cords of wood outside yesterday after barbecuing and I was already buzzed, so I didn't want to have a great craft brew and essentially put it to waste.....****. Shame on me.:rockin:

haha just giving you a hard time, i voluntarily drank bud all day about a month ago so i cant say too much. heres something that is not bud, Dogfish Head 90 minute! It tasted so good after a long brew day, brewed 5 gallons of caribou slobber, racked a red ale to secodary, washed and rewashed 6 jars of yeast and ranched a fresh batch of 1332 :D thanks remmy

2013-08-04 18.38.32.jpg

2013-08-04 16.03.58.jpg

finsfan said:
is that the hopping frogs i sent you?

Yes, sir. Thanks bro.

Dealing with a **** load of wood. Hand-split. Guns!
image-1725835654.jpg

If you love hops, this is a must-have. This beer is ridiculous. Good thing I have a lot more.
image-2054930017.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Just admit it dude, you love Mikes Hard Lemonade. Because NOTHING says Beast Mode like Mikes.......

Lmao this stuff is brutal.

m3n00b said:
Lol

Something does not belong

Having a buzz this early in the day. Priceless. Going to the lake in a bit.

finsfan said:
holy **** thats a lot of wood. I couldnt remember which one i sent, enjoy

You send. I drink. Period!

You send. I drink. Period!

haha im still working on the stuff you sent, trying to stagger it but i may need to smash the 668 after i mow my jungle today. can you get the flower power local? if so i may wanna set up a small trade for some in a week or so

I know I've been sending lots of yeast, but it must be more than I thought. I asked for more small flat rate boxes when I dropped one off today and the clerk gave me a shrink wrapped bundle of 25.

Yup. I'm that guy. Going to the lake with the reinforcement. :D
image-1731315218.jpg

Back