ESPN's Coverage of Monday Night Football Sucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really starting to hate ESPN's coverage of Monday night football.

What the hell is it a talk show or football game?

How long do they have to do interviews during the game?

How about anouncing the game while its actually on.

Oh, how about another 45 minutes of Mike Vick BS not to mention half-time coverage of Vick.

ESPN's Programming is aweful - :mad:

Do you guys agree??

I'm thinking of writing a long email to ESPN to tell them how bad they are at doing this coverage.

I'm with you. As much as I like hearing good questions posed to the players, there's way too much of it going on during play. I'm HOPING that they are only doing this because it's pre-season...

CplHunter said:
I'm with you. As much as I like hearing good questions posed to the players, there's way too much of it going on during play. I'm HOPING that they are only doing this because it's pre-season...

Actually, it was like that last year too. It seams way worse right now.

Semper Fi - Ohrah!!!!

I was an 0811 Cannon Cocker 84-88 :rockin:

Fox Battery
2nd Battalion
10th Marines
2nd Marine Division

I agree with you. I've only seen one game so far this year but it seemed like they were just running their mouths and not even commenting on the game. It truly sucks.

Semper Fi brother!

96-01

2171 (I fixed your pantels, gunners quadrants, etc. along with other fun stuff)

I was with 6th Marines for about a year and a half attached to the regimental TOW platoon. That's where I had most of my fun! Then they disbanded us :mad: and I got stuck with Group...

Schlenkerla said:
I'm really starting to hate ESPN's coverage of Monday night football.
Starting?

The #1 ESPN team has been an abomination since, well, ESPN started doing the NFL. I just turn the sound off, and crank up some music. Tirico is easily the worst play-by-play man on the air, and Kornheiser is worse than,,,what, Dennis Miller? I never liked Theismann, but he was the best in that booth before they booted him...I think he knows his football and can do a good job explaining it to fans, but he got sucked into all the mindless banter and hype-the-stars that they do. Suzy Kolber's breathless description of some coach spitting out the usual coach-speak makes me want to toss a brick through the TV.

Jaws is one of the smarter analysts on TV...hopefully they won't dumb him down, too. I won't even bother watching until the regular season starts. I imagine tonight's game might as well be the Michael Vick bowl.

CplHunter said:
Semper Fi brother!

96-01

2171 (I fixed your pantels, gunners quadrants, etc. along with other fun stuff)

I was with 6th Marines for about a year and a half attached to the regimental TOW platoon. That's where I had most of my fun! Then they disbanded us :mad: and I got stuck with Group...

It was exactly 20 years ago today, I first stepped foot on Parris Island. It was a surreal experience I'll never forget. Of course it was my luck to end up in 3rd Battalion too. Went on from there to become a beloved 0311 - grunt. "Born to Love - Trained to Kill". While going through ITS at Camp Geiger, I was part of a Recon INDOC training program; but then I was selected into Yankee White Presidential Security. I finished my time at Marine Barracks 8th and I, Washington D.C. Those were years that changed my life. Semper Fi Devil Dogs!

PS - I also think ESPN's coverage sucks!

Bike N Brew said:
Starting?

The #1 ESPN team has been an abomination since, well, ESPN started doing the NFL. I just turn the sound off, and crank up some music. Tirico is easily the worst play-by-play man on the air, and Kornheiser is worse than,,,what, Dennis Miller? I never liked Theismann, but he was the best in that booth before they booted him...I think he knows his football and can do a good job explaining it to fans, but he got sucked into all the mindless banter and hype-the-stars that they do. Suzy Kolber's breathless description of some coach spitting out the usual coach-speak makes me want to toss a brick through the TV.

Jaws is one of the smarter analysts on TV...hopefully they won't dumb him down, too. I won't even bother watching until the regular season starts. I imagine tonight's game might as well be the Michael Vick bowl.

It would be much better if Tirico did all the talking play by play. Let Jaws do between play analysis. Gag and bind Kornheiser. Then tell Suzy that Mike Vick is in the parking lot and tell her not to buzz the booth until she finds him.

Hell, all three guys should be fired. If we have to listen to a bimbo lets make it a nice looking one in a tiny leather bikini. :D

Frankly I'd sooner listen to Dennis Miller and Rush Limbaugh before thinking of listening to Kornheiser anyday.

Erbium:YAG - Semper Fi

dang jarheads, never could take one out in public.

i jest my bia
us army
2 yrs hohenfels germany (opfor unit)
2yrs fort knox 194 sab

19 delta cavalry scout

SCOUTS OUT!

Latest posts

Back