Regulator Wall Mount Hose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khirsah17

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a CO2 hose that'll connect from my tank to my primary regulator similar to the one seen in this picture:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-pid-842WM6.html

I'd rather build it, but I have no idea how.

Also, does anyone have a line on where to get a dual gage, primary regulator with threaded (not barbed) gas outlet? I can only find them at Northern Brewer, and its expensive!

Thanks!

Knowing that the hose pictured is seeing tank pressure (500+ psi), I wouldn't mess a round with a DIY version unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

Well, I probably fall under the category under inquisitive idiot i suppose, haha. I wouldnt attempt it unless I had some real good instruction. However, finding one for a decent price would be just as good. I looked through all my beer sites, and couldn't find where to buy one individually.

Ummm. Mostly convenience and aesthetics. I barely have enough room for the co2 tank alone by my fridge, much less have the regulator sticking off of it. It could fit, but the regulator gauges would be facing the wall, making it hard to read. Also I'm making a theme fridge, and right now I'm thinking about having all my regulators mounted on top of the chest freezer door. Haven't quite thought that through all the way, but just getting ideas right now. Having all the gauges on top would make it real easy to see and adjust.

So, use secondary regulators and just hide the tank & main regulator somewhere. 60-100 psi is less likely to be a problem than tank pressure.

[Interesting that the 3000 psi hose cannot be purchased as a replacement part.]

david_42 said:
[Interesting that the 3000 psi hose cannot be purchased as a replacement part.]

That is odd. I'll bet that if you call Micromatic they would be more than happy to sell you just the hose.

There's a bracket for multiply ganged regulators that I've seen in bars etc, that's wall mount. I haven't seen it for sale, but that's something that can be fabbed.

I'd love to get that hose, but not at that price (guessing $50++).

Call a beverage company. They don't normally sell to the public, but sometimes a tech will do you a solid.

Or get in with a bar manager.

hoses that can handle CO2 tank pressure are very common in the paintball world. You can buy stainless-braided hoses in many lengths - for example here's a 42" hose for $16:
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin...tK5UQ3r5w=?ProductID=Zw.sFAY750wAAAD4C67krFs5
You'll need a thread adapter to connect to the CO2 tank on one end, and might need an adapter to connect to your reg on the other end, but the hose itself isn't too expensive. And you know it can take CO2 pressures because that's what it's made for.

You can also get coiled hoses, though you'd probably have to buy them as a prebuilt "remote line" (as it's called in the paintball world) and remove the parts you don't need. an example for under $30:
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin...x2LV-8yvU=?ProductID=OImsFAY761AAAAD4dKzkrFs5

olllllo said:
There's a bracket for multiply ganged regulators that I've seen in bars etc, that's wall mount. I haven't seen it for sale, but that's something that can be fabbed.

I'd love to get that hose, but not at that price (guessing $50++).

Call a beverage company. They don't normally sell to the public, but sometimes a tech will do you a solid.

Or get in with a bar manager.

ganged secondaries.. http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-cid-616.html not cheap

Bobby_M said:

If you have the secondaries there's a plate or bracket that you can mount these to via the threaded hole in the back of the reg. It's the bracket I'm talking about.

It's basically a flat alumium piece with a raised center and a large slot for the regulator mount and with holes to mount on the wall.

That definately can be fabbed.

Khirsah17 said:
Ummm. Mostly convenience and aesthetics. I barely have enough room for the co2 tank alone by my fridge, much less have the regulator sticking off of it. It could fit, but the regulator gauges would be facing the wall, making it hard to read. Also I'm making a theme fridge, and right now I'm thinking about having all my regulators mounted on top of the chest freezer door. Haven't quite thought that through all the way, but just getting ideas right now. Having all the gauges on top would make it real easy to see and adjust.

Khirsah17, I don't have any photos with me right now, but for my setup, I had to mount my primary regulator upside down on my regulator (the gages are on the bottom, upside down). Furthermore I had to change out the cheap bal valve they provided with it for a 90 degree threaded barb fitting. It fits wonderfully now.

olllllo said:
If you have the secondaries there's a plate or bracket that you can mount these to via the threaded hole in the back of the reg. It's the bracket I'm talking about.

olllllo, I couldn't find (or fab) the brackets I wanted, so I purchased a 2-pack of wall mounted hooks (like coat hooks for a closet door), and aligned them such that they would catch between the regulators. It's secure, easy to move to adjust something, and cheeeeeap.

Again, I'll have photos of these by sunday. If you're interested, I'll post a link in here when they go up.

kvh

I actually have about 7 or so of those brackets you are refering to (with 4 secondary regulators ganged on them, so about 28 secondary regulators at the moment) I got them in a lot of salvaged bar equipment a while back.

Latest posts

Back