woops!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sublimebrew

Reaction score
i have a friend who just started brewing last weekend. He put the priming suger with the boil. I was wondering if it will be all right to bottle or will he need to add more priming suger @ bottling? he said it is bubble'n like crazy as it should w/ priming suger in it, and this is still in the first stage fermenting. thx...

my friend says you still need to add the sugar at bottling.
this is because my friend knows the yeast friends and they say that they will eat the bottling sugar and poop out alcohol and co2.

thats what they said.

also they're fond of capitalization.

Priming sugar is for bottling. Adding it in the boil just adds to the fermentables, but will do nothing for the carbonation. It will all be fermented out before it is bottled. You will need more primimg sugar at bottling time.

He will have to re add the priming sugar as the yeast will do their best to eat it up well before you can get it to bottles.

I'm pretty new at this so someone else might be able to give you more details but I would think you would just have to give the primary fermentation a little more time to get the fermentation complete and then rack it to the bottling bucket with the additional priming sugar at the time of bottling.

Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back