Drinking after 3rd shift

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exbeerienced

Reaction score
Any of you guys ever work the night shift and find yourself enjoying your beer after work? I really love tossing back a few to unwind, even though it's 7am. Immense enjoyment and a great relaxer before hitting the hay. I'm on number two at the moment. Bliss!

I've done that. It's really fun to have a couple co-workers over and watch the faces of people driving to work when they see you grilling burgers and drinking at 7 AM.

Best way to end your day is some home brew. I consider it a sleep aid too. For me the closing shift gets off at around 11 pm, but for my wife it is around 6 if the next shift is on time.

I am a retired pilot. We would have an overnight flight to Paris and there was a little bar that was open at 6 am. Everyone else was having croissants while we had a beer and salami.

You just have to remember this phrase that I think was coined by Bob Marley (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). "It's 5 o'clock somewhere". The end of your shift is your night so have a beer or 2 if you want, even if it somebody else's morning.

I have always said I never drink before noon, and. fortunately, it is noon somewhere. We start brewing at 3 am somedays, and we always have a beer when the Wort Starts to boil. That can be 7 am.

I do this when I'm working graveyard shifts, there's something enjoyable about having a beer at half seven in the morning, knowing you don't have work for the rest of the day.. at first it didn't seem right, then I figured I don't have the chance to have any at night.. so morning it is!

RM-MN said:
You just have to remember this phrase that I think was coined by Bob Marley (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). "It's 5 o'clock somewhere". The end of your shift is your night so have a beer or 2 if you want, even if it somebody else's morning.

I believe that it was Iggy Pop, or maybe Yani! Who knows. I just got of a 24 hr shift and am working on homebrew #2. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back