Beer for Camping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Shew, it's already hot outside.

Got the cooler packed. A 3 gallon keg of Premium Lager, a 3 gallon keg of Amber Ale and six 1L bottles of various stuff on tap. Plus 20lbs of ice and a few bottles of water on top for the drive.

Those 70qt cube coolers hold a LOT of beer and stuff!

About time to hit the road for a week of sweatin', swattin' flies and drinkin'.

:drunk:

I really like that 70g cooler setup you have in the other thread. I am going to get a setup like that for future camping trips and parties.

I need about $100 of parts, and I can get started on the tower. Still using the cobra taps for now.

It will be SWEEEET, and I will post pics of the build.

If I had to go camping with 50 of my realitives, I need two of your coolers... the it would be touch and go.. good luck...

So do I, but my cans hold 3 gallons.

:D

Mine hold 5 :D

I need about $100 of parts, and I can get started on the tower. Still using the cobra taps for now.

It will be SWEEEET, and I will post pics of the build.

$100.00????????

PVC pipe and base
Elbow shanks
Around $50 total

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

If I had to go camping with 50 of my realitives, I need two of your coolers... the it would be touch and go.. good luck...

I have one BIL that is a hardcore beer drinker, and a couple that might drink a couple. 7 or so gallons (counting liter bottles) should be plenty.

I am about 2/3 of the way there now, sitting in a motel room in Sikeston, Mo, drinking some very nice Pils.

:drunk:

Mine hold 5 :D

$100.00????????

PVC pipe and base
Elbow shanks
Around $50 total

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

2 faucets, 2 elbow shanks, 2 faucet handles, pvc, elbows, tubing and fittings.

$100 is probably a little low.

If you know where I can get all that for $50, please let me know.

I stole this idea from the DIY section, but just fill this bad boy up and toss it in the truck:I call it the man can.

That is a nice rig. I am making my tower so I can use it with the 3 gallon kegs in the cube cooler, or remove it and put it on a larger, two 5 gallon keg rig, probably trash can based like that one.

I will need to find a trashcan the right size for two kegs.

The two keg rig is working fine. It takes about two bags of ice a day, the heat is around 100. Real fun for camping.

I'm sitting in a mickey d's with free wifi right now. It is about time to go hit the kegs...

I just made it home, after a six hour drive pulling the camper. The portable keg rig worked like a charm, but needs some improvements.

On the way in, before I even went into the house, I stopped in the garage to turn the CO2 bottle on the kegerator back on.

I need a beer. That American Wheat should be about ready...

Back