Old Crow Medicine Show

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Crow Medicine Show rules from space. My buddy saw them play not too long ago and said the fiddle player went through a bow string EVERY SONG :eek:

Old Crow Medicine Show rules from space. My buddy saw them play not too long ago and said the fiddle player went through a bow string EVERY SONG :eek:

I don't doubt it! They're playing tonight @ Stubb's BBQ in Austin. Austinites, go see them play!

Oh, I got to see them IN JOHNSON CITY a month or so ago. The emotion from the crowd during "Wagon Wheel" was incredible. EVERY single person in the audience was standing up, singing the words, building up to the crescendo of where they mention JC...stunning. Absolutely stunning. It brought me to tears...like a condensation moment for me...all the stress and doubt about the move that has taken us over a year to complete just...washed away. Gone. Cleansed.

Honestly, I never even got that feeling from church before...and that's what it should feel like, I think.

Phenomenal.

Oh, I got to see them IN JOHNSON CITY a month or so ago. The emotion from the crowd during "Wagon Wheel" was incredible. EVERY single person in the audience was standing up, singing the words, building up to the crescendo of where they mention JC...stunning. Absolutely stunning. It brought me to tears...like a condensation moment for me...all the stress and doubt about the move that has taken us over a year to complete just...washed away. Gone. Cleansed.

Honestly, I never even got that feeling from church before...and that's what it should feel like, I think.

Phenomenal.

Jill, I just got the chills reading that. So awesome.

Jill, I just got the chills reading that. So awesome.
Seriously, after reading that I HAD to listen to that song. Fantastic.

Does anyone else prefer their older stuff to Tennessee Pusher? It's not bad, some of the songs are actually quite great...but a few of them sound like they should be being played on CMT.

I think Big Iron World is their best disc, from an overall view. ALL their albums have some awesome cuts, but Big Iron World is just solid through and through. It's the one I keep scrolling to when I'm on the road and I don't skip any of the songs.

(and thanks for the kind words regarding my previous post.)

Oh, I love the Gourds! Get Yer Shinebox is a terrific album. Any band that does a zydeco/celtic version of Snoop Dogg's "Gin and Juice" has my everlovin' respect.

Anybody on here enjoy Southern Culture On the Skids?

Hey! I am originally from Ithaca area, where they originated, And I didn't even know of these guys. Just got them and am listening to them now. Thumbs up so far. :) You would have thought hanging out with all those damn hippies for as long as I did I would have heard of them.

Back