New Brewer in CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st0neski

Reaction score
hey guys, been checking out the forum for a few days now and I must say this place is a great resource. I am excited to learn more about brewing and come up with some great recipes.

so far i am up to my 4th batch, well the 4th is fermenting right now. Those that I have brewed were:

American Cream Ale - Extract Kit
Saison Belgian - Partial
Chocolate Coffee Stout - Partial
Chocolate Stout - Partial

I enjoy drinking stouts for the most part. I enjoy a belgian here and there but all the rest are just meh to me.

Look forward to being a part of this great community you guys have here.:mug:

Welcome from Trumbull. I used to head up your way every once in a while to hang out on the pike... pretty wild!

Howdy from a new CT brewer in Tolland CT.
This obsession is cool!
So far Porter , brown ale and now blueberry and rasberry wheat for the july 4th.
BHB" Bald Hill Brewery"

whats up CT guys, where do you guys get your supplies? I have been going to Beer and Wine Makers Warehouse in Hartford. I find its much better then the small place in east hartford.

The local place to me is Maltose in Monroe, CT. It'd be too far for you though.

I've been pleased with Beer & Wine Hobby in East Hartford. Nice guys in there.

I only went to the place on Murphy Road in Hartford 1 time, before I got back into brewing. I don't know this to be true, but I've been told that the hops are not refrigerated there (don't want to pass a rumor if this is not true). I wasn't impressed with some brewing advice I heard the owner give.

Hey St0neski. Hamden, checking in. Welcome to HBT.
Like Joe C, I go with Maltose in Monroe. I work in Bridgeport, so it's right up 25 for me.

I've been pleased with Beer & Wine Hobby in East Hartford. Nice guys in there.

I only went to the place on Murphy Road in Hartford 1 time, before I got back into brewing. I don't know this to be true, but I've been told that the hops are not refrigerated there (don't want to pass a rumor if this is not true). I wasn't impressed with some brewing advice I heard the owner give.

Yeah, i havent really talked advice with him, but they are much much faster there then at beer and wine hobby. About the hops, I am not sure on that, I will ask next time I am in. But I do know that I emailed him my ingredients list, and when I went to pick it up, it was all in a bag in the fridge, so who knows.

I go up too Willimantic, ZOK'S is the place.That is where I took my homebrew class this past winter.Zok has a vast knowledge of all types of brewing.Beer ,Wine, Mead etc.
Check out his website.
WayneTree Tolland CT "BHB"

Back