Six Cases Cleaned

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Just finished delabeling ( is that a word?) and cleaning 6 cases of wine bottles......not a job I enjoyed at all. Funny MOST of he labels came off easily some were a BEAR to get off. ALL from the same winery.

I do a 24 hour soak in oxyclean to clean both the inside of the bottles and help with the labels. Works like a charm for 90% of bottles.

Yeah I end up doing the same thing. Processing bottles all in one sitting. You did use oxyclean on the bottles didn't you? It makes the Delabelling easier.

yeah, I can fit 23 wine bottles upright in the sink at a time...I fill each bottle with hot soapy water and set em in the sink and fill the sink up with hot water with soap and oxy..let em set an hour or so and MOST of the labels come off easy. Some though I cannot get the glue off of SOOO I take a damp cloth and put some CAMEO powdered cleanser on it scrub the glue and viola. The glue comes off easy with this. BTW the Insides are well rinsed by the winery before I get them, and they are stored upside down. AND at 2 bucks a case I will clean em.

I would let them soak longer in the oxyclean if you have the space. I try to do overnight, but the last batch of bottles have been sitting in solution for about 10 days now. Probably should get those out of there soon.:drunk:

Back