Question about PSI....please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopmadness

Reaction score
New to kegging....I will be using 2 cornelius kegs for my two most recent wheat beers and a tower with two taps mounted on the fridge. What psi should my CO2 be at? Also...where do people usually go to get their tanks filled?
Thanks.

and at that PSI you're probably talking 10-12 feet of beerline to balance it out. Still easier than dropping PSI to dispense and then back up to 16 to keep it carb'd at 3 volumes.

It depends on how carbonated you want them to be (wheats are usually in the 2.5-3 volumes range)...

The other carb charts I have seen say the German wheats are somewhere between 3.3 and 4.5...

So which is it? (since I have my Weizen on 22psi @ 37* at the moment)

:drunk:

Also...where do people usually go to get their tanks filled?
Thanks.

I take mine to a place that fills fire extinguishers. I also heard about places that do a lot of welding.

Some places make you exchange your tank meaning if you have a nice, new aluminum one, then you're going to get a crappy steel one back. Some places you drop them off and a couple days later (at least at my place) you get your same one back. That;s my place in OHIo atleast. I give my dude a couple homebrew now and then and he takes care of me!

I bring my tank to a local welding supply place. They only swap tanks, so I was glad that my tank was already a metal tank:D.

Back