Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I've been slacking, I didn't sign up yet. Thanks for posting. I'll definitely get some hops for myself.

prices like these.. um yeah you should get all over them :D - pm jeff to get signed up to access the order sheet

let me know how round 2 develops

Added a bag of CM-Wheat. Might move this to a 1/2 bag split later on if they dont fill up. Out of wheat but I really dont use a ton of it. Anyone interested in 1/2 of wheat if it does go to a split? PM me or post.

Added a bag of CM-Wheat. Might move this to a 1/2 bag split later on if they dont fill up. Out of wheat but I really dont use a ton of it. Anyone interested in 1/2 of wheat if it does go to a split? PM me or post.

I also have a full sack and would be happy with a 1/2 split. Do you wanna add the split or shall I?

I also have a full sack and would be happy with a 1/2 split. Do you wanna add the split or shall I?

I'll go ahead and put us on there. Seems like splits are filling up slowly so 2 splits per person should be alright to start doing.

Also updated missing prices in the splits area, estimates should be showing correctly now.

I'll go ahead and put us on there. Seems like splits are filling up slowly so 2 splits per person should be alright to start doing.

Also updated missing prices in the splits area, estimates should be showing correctly now.

Thanks, I removed my full bag, so unfortunately count is now 63. I'm pretty sure I will be adding something else to make up for it!

Thanks, I removed my full bag, so unfortunately count is now 63. I'm pretty sure I will be adding something else to make up for it!

I removed the bag of wheat from your full bag area.... it looks like you removed a bag of CM-2ROW from your order. I dont think you ment to do that...

Just a heads up guys, shooting from the hip here of course as always.

I was thinking that for this buy I would like to close it up in the late May-June time frame (~4months or so since the last buy closed). Based on the current totals I am thinking that we would be looking more at like 2-3 pallets of grain/hops instead of 4. This will also allow for people to plan for grain pickup a bit more concisely.

My current thought is that I would like to chat with the other coordinators and attempt to set a date by which the order closes and we can work towards that. Taking in less pallets is no issue for me, we will see a slight increase in shipping cost but overall everything will still be a great price.

Just wanted to give you guys an idea of where I am hoping this goes and a general close time frame. Will keep everyone posted as we workout a target closure date. Summers get busy and I would like to wrap the buy up so people can have their stuff!

Just added a .5 split option for C40 (if we run out of split options I can withdraw it). However it looks like not a lot of people are jumping on splits at this precise moment.

Also added a bag of 2 row since Jeff and Copyright are demoralizing the buy with a -1 bag :D

Nice! And we have at least 3 varieties at 8 shares too! Don't be shy now, everyone grab a bag ha :D

I jumped on the perle as well, even though I already have nearly a lb. I am considering jumping up to 2 shares on tett. Really like and seem to use that a lot (but have a fair amount on hand right now).

HU-90CLM Columbus 7
HU-90MTH Mt Hood 10
HU-90TNG Tettnang 8
HU-90GPR Perle 8
HU-90SMT Summit 8

(Cidahmastah = Hop pusher man)

Nice! And we have at least 3 varieties at 8 shares too! Don't be shy now, everyone grab a bag ha :D

I jumped on the perle as well, even though I already have nearly a lb. I am considering jumping up to 2 shares on tett. Really like and seem to use that a lot (but have a fair amount on hand right now).

HU-90CLM Columbus 7
HU-90MTH Mt Hood 10
HU-90TNG Tettnang 8
HU-90GPR Perle 8
HU-90SMT Summit 8

(Cidahmastah = Hop pusher man)

CTZ

CTZ ::ban:

when is this buy goiing through roughly? i might get in on the hops? if its a time where ill be coming home.. i might get on it

WAHOO!! Hood is closed keep it going

That is 4 types of hops and fortunately for my double shares... I am up to 7lbs of hops for this buy!

As usual copyright is right along for the crazy ride with 7lbs :D

I only see 65 with the sheet am i missing somehting?

WAHOO!! Hood is closed keep it going

That is 4 types of hops and fortunately for my double shares... I am up to 7lbs of hops for this buy!

As usual copyright is right along for the crazy ride with 7lbs :D

I only see 65 with the sheet am i missing somehting?

Looks like Dbush20 removed a bag of DME. If you guys remove or add things, try to post so we know whats going on.

jeffb418 said:
Looks like Dbush20 removed a bag of DME. If you guys remove or add things, try to post so we know whats going on.

Sorry about that, I was ordering 2 bags of DME for my buddy but he is planning on going all grain by the end of the summer. I'm going to add a sack of pilsner to replace it.

I added GP‐FLCRN (Flaked Corn) to the full sacks portion of the spreadsheet, but I believe it needs a price entry.

Count = 67.

Edit: I see in the new catalog (end of March), that Great Western now carries some organic Malts, and they are a bit cheaper per # (and 50# vs 55#). I added GW‐O2RP (Organic 2-row Pilsner) and GW‐OC60 (Organic crystal 60). I added them in the full sack section, but they also need pricing. I also changed my organic pilsen to the GW-O2RP and added a GW-0C60.

I would rather get 1/2 sack of the organic crystal 60 (OC60), so if someone wants the other half (and we can still do splits), I'd be up for that.

Count = 68.

Looks like we are going to target the current buy with a total of 82 items (2 full pallets +2 bag cushion to prevent flowing into a 3 pallet situation). Pick-up is looking to be tentatively then be sometime in June, but nothing is fixed yet (working the details out now).

Currently 13 bags/items away from that 2 pallet mark, so we should have no problem closing that up with the proposed time frame. Also note that up to 5 hop spits are considered 1 bag/item. So right now the 4 splits are counted as 1 bag, if we go over 5 it will be added as another item.

Added a GP‐FLBLY split to the splits section. Anyone want to jump on the other 1/2 sack? I didn't get as much of it from the last round of the buy due to the mix up and already running low on it.

Added a GP‐FLBLY split to the splits section. Anyone want to jump on the other 1/2 sack? I didn't get as much of it from the last round of the buy due to the mix up and already running low on it.

I may, but will have to check my inventory. Haven't' brewed a stout in a while so I think my inventory might be higher than it should be :D Time to brew a stout!

No movement on the hops.... come on guys!

Looks like dbennett78 bailed

we are back to 66 bags on the buy. Not sure if this will affect closing or not, guess we will have to see how it turns out. I know myself I will be looking to add another bag or two before the end of it all.

If you change things on the sheet please post. If you post interest to the buy it should be serious interest.

night gents

Looks like dbennett78 bailed

we are back to 66 bags on the buy. Not sure if this will affect closing or not, guess we will have to see how it turns out. I know myself I will be looking to add another bag or two before the end of it all.

If you change things on the sheet please post. If you post interest to the buy it should be serious interest.

night gents

I was just about to post that I saw someone drop out. We still have a few weeks before we hope to close, we should be able to get close to the 82 bag limit. I may add 1 more, but not sure. Most likely wont see another buy until late fall/early winter... so hop on now people!

Added a sack of 2-ROW.

Will probably be grabbing another sack or two by the end of it.

Added a sack of cm pilsner and a # Columbus.

Nice! let's close this sucker. At those prices it is almost buy 5.33333oz and get 10.66666 oz free!

:D

Just used my cmpils in my Samuel Jackson summer ale brew. Finally I will be able to tell if there is any real palatable difference between the bzpils, which I really like, and the cm pils.

Latest posts

Back