spokeo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzkill

Reaction score
this site is just creepy. go to spokeo.com and google your name. way to much info. I just removed mine from them. they even had a pic of my house.

My family and I did the same a few days ago. They had my yearly income even- it was almost exacly my base salary too. I was in recruiting before and would use zabasearch to get info on potential candidates. It made me feel dirty, but it got the job done. You should check that out too. Check yourself in every state that you lived and it will most likely have your address.

I don't understand what that website does. I tried my swmbo's name and it isn't found. I try my name it comes up with my proper address but all other information is wrong. Just checked my brother and it came up with the proper address, but lists him as a 20 year old female with a 1+ million dollar home. He doesn't even own a car. Where do they get this info?

Public records. it's the current "new scare" on Facebook. They know that I am a male in my late 20's and I live in an apartment that is rented, and the county assessed it's value at $185k. All info you can easily figure out with a little digging. You know way back in the day, phone books listed your name, address, and profession, right? Your property value is generally available through county records. Yatta yatta. If you happen to play on Facebook, just be sure to set your privacy settings to private and -legally- they can't sell anything.

It's outdated. If you haven't moved in a while, haven't renewed your license, haven't got a traffic violation, basically stayed "off the grid," then it will be out of date. Google yourself, google your address, google your surname. They just use software to link this stuff together.

Circuit courts= WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm sorry, I become sassy when I have been drinking; and this new pale ale is friggin' delicious. The point I was trying to make is that I had never even heard of Spokeo until today. But there have been 100 websites in the past that have collected the same information about you and sold it for a nice $30 price tag. I think that joe-public has only become aware of this now in the current "facebook" age.

I'm not even on there..

6frwhu_1_.png

Back