Dogsitting this week....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't he beautiful?

taz.jpg

Brewpastor said:
Nice pooch. You say "dog sitting", whose is it? Is it a beer drinking dog?

The neighbors.

I don't know if he drinks beer or not. I'll offer him some tonight!

He is 100% Akita. I love the way these dogs look.

I've never had a dog that didn't like beer. My buddy had a Chesapeake that loved beer...poured him a can one day and when we came back out a few hours later he had eaten an entire watermelon we had left beside the backdoor.

Neither of our dogs really go for beer. Our nancy boy pound puppy won't go near it. The Dachshund is giving Germans a bad name. She doesn't like beer either.

My wife and I had a kegger at our house last summer shortly after we'd gotten our puppy. He was hyper all night until people started getting drunk enough to spill beer. Then he licked it up off the patio and started chilin' with the rest of us.

We really don't give him beer to often - but it's a must on haircut day. Only way to keep him from biting the clippers.

AHU

nice dog...why would you want to sit on him?
ive got an english bulldog that ironically doesnt like beer, but will eat bread dipped in red wine all day long, or untill the drool is too nasty to look at anymore...

that looks like what i call a 'real' dog, one that could actually survive on its own or in a pack of wild dogs, unlike an english bulldog, or a ****z-soo or whatever stupid yuppy dog my brother has...

Ivan Lendl said:
ive got an english bulldog that ironically doesnt like beer, but will eat bread dipped in red wine all day long, or untill the drool is too nasty to look at anymore...

Mmmm...a bulldog...that's my dream doggie!!!!!!!

Dude said:
Mmmm...a bulldog...that's my dream doggie!!!!!!!

yeah theyre kind of cool, ive got a male and a female, i think the female is better, we think it might be a mix cuz, it has more of a tail than it should, and its pretty aggressive for a bull dog. they are really tame and because of artificial selection all there piss and vinegar has been bred out of them. Although i taught mine to bite people, which means it only bites me...

they are expensive too, ive seen as much as 4,000, but you can get one for around 1,000 if you shop around. only go to a respectable place though, we got ripped off sort of with the female, we were gonna breed her but she developed a hip problem so we got her fixed instead.

the male we got is a descendent of the dog from the show 'jake and the fat guy'
which is funny, i think...

check out american bulldogs, they are actually more like the og bulldogs that were used by roman soldiers during battle (they can jump up to 7 feet, which they were trained to do and bite the nose of the invading horses)
the are the REAL bulldogs before the brits started mucking around with gene pools and everything

Ivan Lendl said:
check out american bulldogs, they are actually more like the og bulldogs that were used by roman soldiers during battle (they can jump up to 7 feet, which they were trained to do and bite the nose of the invading horses)
the are the REAL bulldogs before the brits started mucking around with gene pools and everything

O hell no...I want the short, fat, stubborn, unhealthy, classic bulldog. :rockin:

Very Un-Dude said:
O hell no...I want the short, fat, stubborn, unhealthy, classic bulldog. :rockin:

yeah thats cool...the american ones are kind of high strung, very athletic and probably need lots of excercise. my dogs get tired walking down the street, are afraid of the cat, and bark at shadows...

One of my neighbors has a 12 year old akita. The dog is friendly, the neighbor isn't, so my greys don't get to say "hi" when I walk them. Too bad.

I've always wanted a German Shepard for some reason. When I got married, Lisa and I was thinking to get a Pug. We actually was thinking a smaller dog then Thunder, but Paws with a Cause primarrly deals with larger dogs. The small dogs are to hyper. That is one beutiful dog though:)

Brewpastor said:
Nice pooch. You say "dog sitting", whose is it? Is it a beer drinking dog?

To answer your question, yes, he drinks. He lapped up my smoked porter like it was goin' outta style! He keeps going back to his water bowl to see if I refilled it. I say 3 pints is enough for him tonight, he's out-drinking me!!!

Just kidding...I only gave him a little bit--its just not right getting my neighbors dog screwed up on homebrew!!!!

Is this a dog posting thread??

Here is our mutt Shiner. He's a a killer!

1-shiner.jpg

We've got two pooches, both female.

1324-Puppies.gif

The black one is my drinking buddy. She practically begs for beer. The brown one turns her nose up at beer. It's a shame really. I guess she was raised Baptist.

Back