Newbee Keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejmboston

Reaction score
So I'm going to make the leap from bottling to kegging after a marathon bottling session this weekend I'm just fed up.

Question is Home Depot has a nice setup but it comes with American Sankey D double tap system. I of course over the summer picked up some ball-lock kegs (wicked cheep) but am i just able to pull off the Sankey connectors and run the line to the ball-lock connector ? I'm assuming its just a hose from the tap that goes into what ever connector I have, and having the Sankey connector incase I just want to toss a party keg in there isn't a bad idea either.

As long as the beer line is 3/16" ID, you can use it to connect to the ball lock QD's.

I would go over to Keg Connection, get the QD's with MFL threads, get some swivel nuts, and the fittings so that you can use the swivel nut connections on the sanke coupler too. That way, you just unscrew the QD's to switch over to the sanke coupler. Just keep a 9/16" wrench by the kegorator and you'll be set.

Back