Forgot to add half of my unsweetened cocoa...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arover

Reaction score
I just finished brewing the AHS Milk Chocolate Stout recipe and figured out that I only put in one of the two x 1oz Belgian Cocoa packages during the last 5 minutes of the boil. I haven't added the yeast yet. Should I boil up a little bit of water, add it, and throw it in there? Or leave it?

Well I figure I'd wait because I'm planning on just adding the water in after I finish boiling...which would essentially kill some of the yeast, wouldn't it? Same concept as cooling down priming solution before putting it in the bottling bucket I assume?

The amount of water you'd need would only take a few minutes to cool enough to throw into your wort.

You could probably even just throw in the cocoa and give it a good stir. Probably wouldn't hurt anything. Boiling it might bring out a little more of the flavor though.

I just boiled it, letting it cool now. Not a really big deal, but I just felt dumb when I was putting things away to see one pack left.

Thanks for the help :D

Latest posts

Back