Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with every team in the big leagues now, the higher end seats (lower bowl, courtside, 50 yd line) are the big money seats. Owned by big money people. They may or may not show up for every game, but the seat is still sold. By the numbers it is a sell out, by the butts in the seats, they are a few thousand off. It does look bad on tv to see the empty seats, but they are all still paid for. Announced attendance, done by ticket sales, and actual attendance are often quite far off.

I'd be going to several games a year if I didn't live like 4.5 hours away.

Going to a game is like an adventure, and it's costly when you factor in the time, gas, and lodgings. Not to mention the beer and food.

I see Toronto is not doing too badly this year. Are they going to make it?

NOPE!! HaHaHa to the Big Smoke. Too bad you traded future talent away for a right now deal, good thing that has worked out so well in the last two years. Brian Burke is an above average manager when he has all the room in the world to play with (pre cap era, Ducks, Canucks), but put him under the cap and his choices are not the brightest.

I see Toronto won last night. Will they make it or no?? They are so close. It's hard to believe that a town with such rich hockey heritage can have such a sucky team for so many years.

Also, suck it, Craptials! Yeah, I'm talkin to YOU, Oretchkin!

I would like to put out a big congrats to my Nucks, the first team to clinch a spot this year. I am sure I set myself up for a big dissapointment again, but the Canuck killer Blackhawks don't have the team they had last year, so things are looking good.

Blackhawks are coming back and you can't ever write a team off in the first round. I remember when the 1st seed Detroit Red Wings under Scotty Bowman did that in 94 and got knocked out in 7 games to the 8th seed San Jose Sharks.

Vancouver's a decent team and actually if Chicago doesn't get very far I'd like to see them get the cup. I was rooting for them in 94.

Notice: The Capitals are going to kick the **** out of all of you. You've been warned

McMalty said:
Notice: The Capitals are going to kick the **** out of all of you. You've been warned

Thats only if we get Greenie, Nicky and Arnie back healthy by playoffs. But I do like the way we've been playing. Ovi is starting to find his game again. Holtby is most likely the goalie of the future for the team. He's been awesome the past few weeks.

What the ell was up with Rick Nash last night?? He was running around with a chip on his shoulder all night!

Nevermind. I just took a look at the standings...

Been a while since this thread came up in the new posts section. Things have been close out west all year, but now that its down to the last 10 games or so its going to be exciting. I'm an eastern conference guy, but I still can't help but follow the western playoff race.

Last two weeks the east looked like it was going to be tight, but the Sabres and Rangers finally started playing more consistently. The Devils are starting to look more normal and will fall short. Atlanta sh*t the bed. Toronto is inconsistent. Carolina has a chance, but I think the Sabres will finish out strong.

Should be a fun game tonight watching Detroit v. Vancouver

Thats only if we get Greenie, Nicky and Arnie back healthy by playoffs. But I do like the way we've been playing. Ovi is starting to find his game again. Holtby is most likely the goalie of the future for the team. He's been awesome the past few weeks.

The goalie situation is tight....all 3 are young and all 3 came out of the gate strong. I say keep all of them. Nick is back, Arnott and Ovi will definitely be back for the playoffs, maybe greenie too. their new style of play is going to get them much further. it's not a one man show anymore either

Should be a fun game tonight watching Detroit v. Vancouver

Detroit's missing 4 guys for tonight (Datsyuk, Hudler, Bertuzzi and Franzen) so I don't know how good of a game it's going to be. Rumor is Ozzie might be in net tonight too, so I'm sure Vancouver will enjoy knocking the rust off him. I'll be watching though. GO WINGS!

Edit: I see they put Ozzie back on IR and Howard is going again tonight. Hope he plays better than he did against the Pens. Matter of fact, he needs to get it straightened out before the playoffs because he hasn't looked good in awhile.

Detroit's missing 4 guys for tonight (Datsyuk, Hudler, Bertuzzi and Franzen) so I don't know how good of a game it's going to be. Rumor is Ozzie might be in net tonight too, so I'm sure Vancouver will enjoy knocking the rust off him. I'll be watching though. GO WINGS!

Edit: I see they put Ozzie back on IR and Howard is going again tonight. Hope he plays better than he did against the Pens. Matter of fact, he needs to get it straightened out before the playoffs because he hasn't looked good in awhile.

He played ok last night, but some nights you gotta wonder. I think they aren't as good defensively as they used to be, and with some of our guys missing, and lots of guys not scoring, they REALLY need to pick up the defense if they want to go anywhere in the playoffs. It's a rough road to travel after the regular season.

I am loving the race in the west! Just seeing who is going to beat who every night is fun. And I am personally rooting for Toronto to make the playoffs. I like a good underdog.

Homercidal said:
And I am personally rooting for Toronto to make the playoffs. I like a good underdog.

Woohoo!

Hey all, first time poking my head in here. I'm a cautiously optimistic leafs fan. I think it's pretty unlikely that we make the playoffs, though colorado's been going down the drain lately, and detroit's only 4-4-3 this month, so I guess there's some potential...

Cautious optimism!

Woohoo!

Hey all, first time poking my head in here. I'm a cautiously optimistic leafs fan. I think it's pretty unlikely that we make the playoffs, though colorado's been going down the drain lately, and detroit's only 4-4-3 this month, so I guess there's some potential...

Cautious optimism!

A bunch of my friends are leafs fans. I'm pretty sure they are optimistic too haha, although a lot less cautious than you are. More like annoyingly optimistic. Growing up in Buffalo, and with the Sabres in 8th place right now, I hope it doesn't pan out for you...:p

Gahh we'll see my friend. Though I've got miller in my pool, so I've got very mixed feelings on the sabres right now. I hope you lose all your games 1-0;)

Either way, there are a few close teams in both conferences so it should make things interesting. Speaking of fantasy...I'm getting dumped on this week (first week of our playoffs). I'm watching the Pens/Flyers game and I really needed Letang to get the game winner...he had three shots in that one sequence in OT.

Not just shorthanded; I'm watching the highlights now and the announcers said that the Habs had a 2 man advantage. WOW. Montreal needs to pull out the hankies.

Gad Dang! That's whoopin!

And even though Detroit is not playing their best hockey right now, I think it's unlikely that the Leafs are going to get points from us. That game is what I like to think of as "The Soft Spot" in our remaining schedule. :cross:

Haha...I'm watching the Thrashers play the Sens on tv right now and I think the Atlanta announcers are a little too optimistic. "The Thrashers may need to go on an 8 game win streak if they want to make the playoffs". I'm pretty sure they need to win more than that, but with only 8 games left and 9 points out I think its far too late.

That's why my usual 50/50 balance between the Sabres and Thrashers has switched to all Sabres, especially since they would have to fall to let the Thrashers in.

Haha...I'm watching the Thrashers play the Sens on tv right now and I think the Atlanta announcers are a little too optimistic. "The Thrashers may need to go on an 8 game win streak if they want to make the playoffs". I'm pretty sure they need to win more than that, but with only 8 games left and 9 points out I think its far too late.

That's why my usual 50/50 balance between the Sabres and Thrashers has switched to all Sabres, especially since they would have to fall to let the Thrashers in.

Yeah, as a thrashers fan, we would have to win the rest of our games, and the sabres would have to lose all their remaining games, and so would the other three or four teams between us and the 8th seed.

Back