Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the exception of the flames... they're going down in 4.
They seem to be finding their groove at home tonight, but yeah... the other four have shrugged off first game losses to win two straight.

Can't say enough about the Leafs right now. Down 2-0 early. Clawed their way back to force OT, then won it early on the PP. First playoff series lead since 2004. Taken the #1 team in the league to OT all three games, winning two. Someone forgot to tell them they should be content with just making it to the postseason. Win or lose, they aren't rolling over.

Kadri had Orpik's number tonight. Drilled him twice to get the crowd back into it before Matthews scored, then scored himself later on by deflecting the puck in off Orpik's ass. :D

Chicago must not be a happy place right now. Held off the scoresheet in two at home, now they have to head to Nashville down a pair after a 5-0 drubbing.
Well... that brief flicker of life got extinguished in a hurry.

Seriously... all four games tonight went to OT? Bettman got a memo out to the coaches or something?

I thought for sure columbus would knock out pitt and Chicago would go too. Neither of them have a win yet! At least the Ducks are killing it.

Everyone looking at their bracket this morning.

destruction.jpg

Damn Chicago. Didn't see that coming at the start of the playoffs....

What's the proper etiquette for cheering AGAINST a team? Asking for a friend who doesn't live in Pittsburgh.

Damn Chicago. Didn't see that coming at the start of the playoffs....

What's the proper etiquette for cheering AGAINST a team? Asking for a friend who doesn't live in Pittsburgh.

I usually draw the line at wishing death upon their firstborn, but throwing frogs or locusts at the team is fair game.

And I'm jumping on the Oilers bandwagon, mainly because I'd like to see a Canadian team win. Or Washington, just to break that curse and make sure Ovechkin doesn't go on a shooting rampage during his golf season.

Hope Toronto goes on a long playoff run next year. I want to see Kadri's playoff beard after a couple of rounds.

Hope Toronto goes on a long playoff run next year. I want to see Kadri's playoff beard after a couple of rounds.

Beard quality suffered a big blow when SJ was knocked out. I think I saw a squirrel in Burns' at one point. I'm not sure most of the Oilers can grow facial hair...

I'd like to see Ovi win as well. But I must confess, as the series went on, I found myself pulling for the Leafs.

It was hard not to. I don't even like the Leafs that much but it was just nice not to see them as the butt of jokes. Now Colorado, that's a team I absolutely don't care about.

You mean next year? Or have you moved on to basketball and the Raptors?

Who are the Raptors?

I don't really watch Basketball anymore. I have watched or listened to some Tigers games already. Normally that wouldn't happen for a couple of weeks past the end of the NHL regular season, but alas, Spring came early this year.

Tigers put up 19 runs last night.

Pretty stoked for the caps pens series to get going tomorrow. I'm a DC suburb native and been following the Caps for most of my life. Even if we don't win it all i just want to beat Pittsburgh.

8 out of 9 times!

Caps are the favorite to win the series, and even go all the way. However, a bunch of pundits who picked the Blackhawks to go all the way are now picking the Caps to do the same. So maybe take that with a grain of salt...

Caps are the favorite to win the series, and even go all the way. However, a bunch of pundits who picked the Blackhawks to go all the way are now picking the Caps to do the same. So maybe take that with a grain of salt...

yes but even after taking sid out, the caps still are going to lose. hopefully ovi the slug gets called for his classless play.

pretty pathetic that a player as good as ovi is he has to resort to cheap shots. i personally think niskanen should have been suspended, way too many non calls...:confused:

Cheap shots has always been a side hobby of Ovis. Remember when he used to linger around center ice, waiting for the opposing team to bring the puck out of their end, and he'd line up a charge against whoever he thought was going to get passed to.

However it goes, the pens will be back again. This season is just more proof that their farm system is really strong.

Wasn't a cheap shot though. Crosby reacted to glancing contact and tried to sell it (knowing that Ovechkin usually cheapshots) and put himself right at the level for a shot to the head. Karma's a *****. Too bad about the concussion though.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhsYlz1mG1c[/ame]

Sell it? Whats he selling by sitting out today?

I dont see how karma is a part of this. The entire ruleset change was to encourage fast, skillful play, which leaves players playing flat out at increased risk.

It doesnt matter. You're post is probably just salty trolling crosby hate, and im just feeding the troll.

The problen with the situation is there are no.meaningful repurcusions for such hits. Enforcers are not tolerated anymore in the league, for good reason, so even squirts like Niskanen have no real worries about doing it.

And the pens arent any good at retaliating anyway. It throws them off their game too much.

This really wasnt that bad. Sid was playing flat out which left him suceptible. Ovi slashed him as hard as he physically could. Sid lost his balance and headed right into Niskanen. Niskanen put his stick out half in natural defence and half to hit sid, and unfortunately sid took it in the head since he was coming in low on Matt.

This really wasnt that bad. Sid was playing flat out which left him suceptible. Ovi slashed him as hard as he physically could. Sid lost his balance and headed right into Niskanen. Niskanen put his stick out half in natural defence and half to hit sid, and unfortunately sid took it in the head since he was coming in low on Matt.
This part is 100% true. Just bad luck. Crosby has had some bad luck in the past (see Beagle hit in winter classic), but neither of the plays were a result of someone trying to injure him imo. Even ovi in this case as reckless as he may be wasn't trying to injure crosby.

I would say in general pens fans here are calling for someone's head because it's tough to see your superstar go through that and be out with a concussion especially since he has a history of missing long periods of time due to them. But this was not intentional and the right call was made in no suspension. I'd argue the 5 min major was too much and that teams lose star players all the time to fluke injuries in the playoffs. It's the game.

I would say in general pens fans here are calling for someone's head because it's tough to see your superstar go through that and be out with a concussion especially since he has a history of missing long periods of time due to them.

Those fans would be wrong. That's not the game anymore, and definitely not the pens thing.

But this was not intentional and the right call was made in no suspension. I'd argue the 5 min major was too much and that teams lose star players all the time to fluke injuries in the playoffs. It's the game.
I disagree. Its a good call, even with it being unintentional. We dont have enforcers anymore. The refs need to fill in. And it has nothing to do with stars. Cross check to the head os all ot takes. Think about all the penalties for accidental sticks coming up to the face.

I've been going to pens games since 84-85 when $20 would get you 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, and 2 sodas....miss those days geez.

Those fans would be wrong. That's not the game anymore, and definitely not the pens thing.

I disagree. Its a good call, even with it being unintentional. We dont have enforcers anymore. The refs need to fill in. And it has nothing to do with stars. Cross check to the head os all ot takes. Think about all the penalties for accidental sticks coming up to the face.

I've been going to pens games since 84-85 when $20 would get you 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, and 2 sodas....miss those days geez.

Haha you were going in the days where the pens went from boom (66 & 68) to crash and burn back to winning the crosby lottery. Good stuff. I live in cincy now and miss being driving distance from an nhl team. Columbus is just too far for a "hey let's go watch a hockey game tonight" night.

Sell it? Whats he selling by sitting out today?

I dont see how karma is a part of this. The entire ruleset change was to encourage fast, skillful play, which leaves players playing flat out at increased risk.

It doesnt matter. You're post is probably just salty trolling crosby hate, and im just feeding the troll.

The problen with the situation is there are no.meaningful repurcusions for such hits. Enforcers are not tolerated anymore in the league, for good reason, so even squirts like Niskanen have no real worries about doing it.

And the pens arent any good at retaliating anyway. It throws them off their game too much.

That's incorrect on so many levels. Crosby was selling the slash and didn't see the incoming check from Niskanen (which was largely unintentional). It was barely a slash too. If Ovechkin had slashed as hard as he could like, oh I don't know, as Crosby did to Methot in the hand, then Crosby would have had his helmet knocked off. I don't know what video you watched but the video of the incident doesn't support your claims.

At any rate, it's beside the point now since the Capitals can't even pull off a win without Crosby in the line up so when Pittsburgh inevitably wins the series the Capitals are going to look all the worse for it. Crosby should be able to dive back in for the conference final.

There's no salt. I don't have a horse in the race.

Your post had nothing to do with the game but everything to do with outright Crosby hate. He's a whiner but he's also the best in the game and even his biggest rivals will admit he's the best right now.
He's been a whiner since Juniors.

Back