Soda in a Conry - Carbonation / PSI Q

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
I've seen (repeatedly) around here the Carbonation chart for homebrew. Basically at serving temp, set the pressure to 10 PSI, walk away for a week and you're ready to drink. I've followed this method and had great success.

That said, I just got done (2 weeks ago) with my first homemade soda (rootbeer) I put it on CO2 and set it to 10 PSI; a week and a half later, I tried it and found it's still flat. I jacked the pressure up to 15 PSI and 4 days later still have no carbonation. I'm guessing my pressure is too low, but can't seem to find a carbonation chart to determine what I should be setting my pressure to.

I'm not new to kegging by any means, so yes, I'm positive all of the lines are on properly, that CO2 is getting to the tank, there aren't any leaks, etc etc.

Thanks

Thanks, I just ordered a few bayonets; once they come in, I'll crank up the PSI. I've also had an issue with the beer foaming too much which I've generally just dealt with - going to give it a shot in the beer kegs as well.

Cheers!

I know a couple of people use longer lines if they don't use the bayonets. I have 30 feet of tubing I'm planning on using for my soda line.

FYI - for anyone else ordering Bayonetts - they come in 12 packs, so if you need Bayonetts for 4 Corny's, you only need to order 1, not 4. Though if you feel like sharing, you can always buy 4, and give them to friends :).

Back