Memorial Day Brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerPressure

Reaction score
I am planning on brewing on memorial day but i cannot think of a recipe. No Pale ales or IPA because i've brewed many of those in the recent months.

What are the people of homebrewtalk.com brewing this memorial day?

I'm brewing an IPA, but I've been itching to do something Scottish. Ever had Flying Bison's Skye Pilot Pale Scotch Ale? So good!!!

I'm Planing on brewing up 10 gallons a Mild, and Ed's Pale Ale this weekend.

Nothing. I'll be up in the pines quadding, smokin' ITCs, and drinking on my Irish Red Rye and Oak Aged Bourbon Porter.

If SWMBO is working, I'll be brewing an Orange Cascade. That will put me at 20 gals to get through the summer.... hmmm better plan some more.

I'm brewing an Amarillo SMaSH and a control for my Alton Brown Beer experiment (details forthcoming).

I got the idea somewhere on here, and I aologize for not remembering whose brilliance it was, but I am doing a Red, White, and Blue series between now and 4th of July.

5/23: Brew Blueberry Blonde
6/13: Brew Witbier
7/3: Brew Cherry Saison

Here's to Beermerica!!!

Brewing Belgian Saison and bottling Steam Beer. I may also bottle some Bavarian Weizen if it has fermented out.....if so I will have not one but two empty carboys!!! Which means I'll be off the the LHBS to get something else to brew! It is too painful to watch a carboy sit empty for a 7 days and I don't get home from work early enough to get a brew in before midnight during the week.

I'm also doing BM recipe: sterling gold. It's a nice change of pace from the usually 5%+ beers I do, plus it can be ready in as little as 2-3 weeks, just in time for the 4th of july and possibly the phish show i'm going to in late June....

I'm thinking of doing a new SMaSH and another Secret Santa Blonde (BierMunchers Blonde with hops from my Secret Santa at work).

I really recommend the Blonde for summer consumption. BM's recipe is ready in super fast time, 4 weeks.

I'm gonna brew a "kinda, sorta" American Wheat Monday.

It's "kinda, sorta" because I am using Danstar Munich instead of US-05 yeast, and Hallertau.

All light grains: White Wheat, Pale Wheat, Pils and flaked wheat. Something light and tasty for the 4th (if it lasts that long).

:mug:

I'll be doing a second 10 gal batch of Oktoberfest - I'm doing two versions that are identical expect for swapping dark Munich for regular Munich. If I get a bunch of chores done, I'll also brew 5 gal. of Alt. That reminds me, I need to start some yeast.

Nut Brown ale on Saturday, then a cream ale on Memorial Day. Or maybe it'll be Memorial Day then Thursday, but that's the brewing order.

Haven't committed fully to one recipe yet, but I'm leaning towards a Brett-tinged Belgian using the Trappist Blend from Wyeast. Probably a simple Pils/simple sugar recipe, hopped to around 30 IBUs, 1.070ish.

Either BM's Cream of Three Crops or a Red Rye ale - I can't remember the name but I found the recipe on HBT.

I'm brewing 5 gallons of Shakespeare Stout Saturday & possibly an IPA on Memorial Day. Need to keep the pipeline flowing!

I will be brewing on Sunday and it will be a Christmas Spice Ale with an ABV of 9.1, I am making it now so it will have time to age .

looks like biermuncher is pretty popular for the holiday!

I'm going with the black pearl porter, with a little different hopping

I'm doing a Saison (kit from MoreBeer) Friday and I may do another lighter (lower abv) ale on Monday. I haven't brewed in months and figured the long weekend would be perfect. Had I thought about it ahead of time, I would have brewed last week or two weeks ago so a Father Day brew would be ready. Oh well.

I'm making some house blonde ale, this will be my first time doing 5 gallons with the BIAB stove top method (2.5 gallons x2).

The recipe for 5 gallons is:
6.5# 2-row
12oz Toasted Maris Otter
6oz Flaked Wheat
.5oz Cascade 60
1oz Cascade 30
.5oz Cascade @flameout

So each minibatch will be exactly half of that.

When I pitch 10 gallons of Irish Red on Sat. I'll reserve a half inch of Wyeast 1272 starter which I will feed a fresh liter of wort to pitch into the house ale.

Memorial Day I am not planning on brewing however... I will be consuming a bunch the day b4...

We have a friends party that usually gets 250+ people... So we brewed 30 gallons of Blonde for it and order 6 kegs... Definitely won't be enough but hey who cares...

On that particular day I will be brewing a BarleyWine to commemorate the glorious day of drinking, Smoking cigars, and indulging in the most delicious food ever...

120 lbs of home made sausage
7 Deep Fried Turkeys at 20lbs a piece = 140lbs
80 lb Pig slow cooked in a China Box
and a lot of other stuff!

Its gonna be insanity!

Does Saturday count? It's Memorial Day weekend, at any rate. I'll be brewing 11 gallons of my "American Rye", in my drop-down. It's become my go-to house beer. Interesting and tasty enough for beer fans, but still accessible to the world's Miller drinkers.

I'm brewing ten gallons of this La Fin du Monde clone on Saturday. After primary fermentation is complete, I'm saving the yeast cake to reuse. I want to use it on a big, explosive Belgian Dark Strong Ale aged on bourbon soaked oak chips and bottled for several years of storage.;)

On Monday I'll be helping my step-daughter's boyfriend bottle his first batch of homebrew - a scotch ale.

Back