Hello from Yuma, AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DryHeat

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I have not yet started home brewing, will be ordering my equipment soon hopefully. I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and have already learned a great deal, and I am sure I will continue to learn more as time goes on. I am looking forward to contributing back whatever I can and sharing my own stories as they come up.

Cheers!

Welcome! Plenty of great people and information on here. Time to order your kit and get brewing!

I spent a lot of time in Yuma in the early 90s (Marines). Being from the east coast, people would always say about the desert "but it's a dry heat" (most never having been there). After being in Yuma in the summer, I realized that's a crock of $hit. An oven set to 'broil' is dry heat too... and that's what it felt like in Yuma.

I just moved down here two years ago, so I am still getting to used to the 115+ days. I hear the dry heat comment so much from everyone back home I figured I might as well run with it.
It looks like my kit is going to have to wait a while longer. About thirty or so guys from my station, myself included, are going to LA for a month or two to help out with the hurricane rescues, clean up, security, etc. So it looks like the home brewing is going to have to go on the back burner for a bit.

EDIT:
Luckily thes Gustav didn't hit bad so I wont be going anywhere.

Back