Is this a good deal? -Kegerator $350

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
kegkq9.jpg

keg1fb4.jpg

keg2ri6.jpg

for $350 only one year old, no dents

It isn't a great deal. Similar domestic kegerators are 150 more or so in the store. If it is in excellent shape I think it is a fair deal.

I can't tell from the picture, but does that have the compressor hump running the length of the back or just in one corner? That tends to make the difference between 2 and 3 cornies getting in there (some of the commercial models have the compressor underneath and you can get four, I see them on CL sometimes for around the same price but older).

yes it comes with a full CO2 bottle and regulator...hard to tell from the pics how many cornies will fit in there. I would never need more than three.

visit MicroMatic.com, Kegerator, Draft Keg Beer Equipment, Taps and check out the forum before buying a Danby. This looks like the model sold at Home Depot and most of them will not get colder than 42 degrees without modifying the unit in some way. You can set the digital display to as low as 36 but it will not cool to anything under 42. Some have succesfully added a diode in to the thermostat to make it run at the set temp, others just bypassed the digital display all together.

My LHBS has a new Danby that can fit 3 Cornies. It's around $590 with a single tap tower and is on wheels. It looks huge compared to the Home Depot version I have that only holds 2 Cornies and maybe a 2.5 gallon on the hump. Mine is an older model but I still bypassed the temp control and use a Johnson to control temps.

Linc

Latest posts

Back