A Short Word Of Encouragement: Flat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Reaction score
Hi, last spring I used a nondescript, hodgepodge beer kit from the local brew shop to make a wheat ale. When it was finished it had almost no head and had what I would describe as an unpleasant edge to it.

Now, almost nine months later it pours into the glass and foams so much you get about a tablespoon of liquid and nothing else fits in. Something happened over the months and it tastes really, really good.

Plus, it knocks me (a lightweight) for a loop fast.

Don't give up on those 'failures'. I kept seeing folks advise this here and they're right. You may have a real winner if you just wait.

Jennifer (guess I am thinking about failures since my current wine making fiasco...)

I agree. Due to the cold weather here in pittsburgh I encountered my first carbonating issue. My IPA has been conditioning for 2 weeks as of yesterday, and I felt like a brew and lo and behold flat... My basement temperature fluctuates too much apparently (I just moved into this house 7 months ago so. :confused:) Anyway I moved it upstairs and I, like you am going to trust what I've learned from my fellow HBTer's. One really informative thread for those newer HBTer's who may be reading this is:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/think-you-ruined-your-beer-set-your-fears-aside-74520/

Latest posts

Back