Munich Oktoberfest pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude so whats is the story with your excursion?
i am going to have to pick your brain when you get back..
i just sold my old house, having two on my budget really sucked almost broke me.
but anyway finaly shucked that mother-Fer after 18 months and my ladie declared
we are going on a vaction to octoberfest next year with the money.
we want to start in london and drive to Munic or ride if need be.

and no smart ass remarks from the peanut garlery there is a tunnle you can drive google map it

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...5267,4.152832&spn=10.679986,15.952148&t=h&z=6
What would you like to know? I'll try to answer as much as I can.

Here's a couple more drunk pix.

Trierand11OctinMunich046.jpg

Trierand11OctinMunich041.jpg

Trierand11OctinMunich004.jpg

MunichDay2ontrip2010.jpg

Munich12Oct006.jpg

Ya had me until the tub pic...

... and then ya lost me.

Why isn't there an official HBT "Who's going to Oktoberfest next year?" thread?

The SWMBO and I just booked our hotel for next year. It'll be our first trip to O-fest.

If I could afford it, I'd go next year. In fact: the wife wants to go to another one as bad as I do. Maybe it'll be a possibility. Who knows?

ok here are a few off teh top of my head.
once in europe where did you start?, where did you leave from?
how much was your airfare? did you use a package or go ala carte?
how much is nice lodging?
how long did you stay?
what does it cost to eat and be drunk each day?
did you drive any? if so how was it ? what did the car cost?
if not would you next time?

like i said my plan is to start some where around a 12hr drive from munich, and to trave site see to munich and then leave from munich or some where within a 4 hr drive.

That's it! I'm staring a 2010 Oktoberfest thread!!!

WHO'S WITH ME!!?!?

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(running out of the room like Bluto from Animal House)

ok here are a few off teh top of my head.
once in europe where did you start?,
Munich
where did you leave from?
Munich
how much was your airfare?
Mine was free since it was during leave but my wife's was about $660 round trip.
did you use a package or go ala carte?
Ala carte. I generally try to avoid package tours since I like freedom of movement.
how much is nice lodging?
During Oktoberfest it's entirely too much. Even if you book 4 months out like I did you may end up paying triple normal room rates.
how long did you stay?
15 days - 4 days in Munich, 3 in Oberwesel, 5 in Trier, and 3 more in Munich once again
what does it cost to eat and be drunk each day?
It's not too bad. A liter of beer is anywhere from 6.80 to 8.40 in Euros, pretzels and cheese are a cheap meal for about 6 Euros, an Imbiss will have some cheap good fast food, and Doners are the best for the money (and the appetite).
did you drive any? if so how was it ? what did the car cost?
if not would you next time?
Didn't drive and probably wouldn't next time either. I like freedom of movement but the trains, trams, and buses go just about everywhere. I bought a 6 day unlimited, 3 country railpass for $756 for 2 people, 1st class. I added up what I would have spent piecemeal and it was around $1200, so a railpass is the way to go.

like i said my plan is to start some where around a 12hr drive from munich, and to trave site see to munich and then leave from munich or some where within a 4 hr drive.
Go for it. Parking will be a complete ***** in Munich, not so bad everywhere else from what I could see. The railpass allowed me to quickly get everywhere in the ICE high speed trains. That way I was able to visit Belgium and Luxembourg as well.

Back