Ever seen this before..ANTS inside my keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Sooo...

I was cleaning out a keg of ginger ale (don't ever make this from those little brown boxes, it was gross) and I left some oxiclean in the keg filled with water for a few days.

Jump to today, with me wanting to use this keg for my porter.

I pour out the oxiclean solution, to find 50 or so ANTS inside my keg. I guess it makes sense that they wanted that sugar, but this was kinda gross. I haven't seen an ant in a few months anyway.

Anyway, after much flushing and rinsing, I got the keg clean, and sanitized, and kegged my porter.

Just a note, please dont make that crap, it wansnt good and it made a mess.:drunk:

Yeah, I hate those damn things. I had some nesting in my coffee maker. Go to turn it on and make a pot and a hundreds of ants Yuck.

If you dont ever want to see a bug again put a barrier of Suspend SC around the parimeter of the room ever 3 months. Stuff works GREAT and it is FDA approved to be used in food preperation environments.

i has got to be better than that ginger ale soda crap.. I cant believe how gross it was, and how much residual sugars it left everywhere.. totally not worth it.

I find that those sodas, the root beer, and the sarsaparilla especially, leave an awful taste behind in the kegs. So I have just 1 keg dedicated to those sodas, the stuff in the box is nice, you can make yourself diet soda using splenda and other sweeteners to taste.

2113-img_1159.jpg

Latest posts

Back