Mixing Fun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
mix-stir.jpg + drill.jpg = way too much fun mixing 15 lbs. of honey and 4 gallons of water in a carboy!

Aerated the heck out of it, too.

-Steve

Yeah, I'll probably get to experience that tomorrow when I mix in the next stage of nutrients. I'll probably start with a slow speed...

-Steve

I had a Tim Allen moment tonight. I definitely feel like quite the idiot.

I had an orange blossom honey volcano... twice! Lost about a quart or so in total and about 20-30 paper towels (and one bath towel that's in the washer right now). I thought I could control the foaming. FAIL.

More than the lost volume, the thing that really sucks it that I don't know how much of the nutrient addition I lost, so I get to toss that one around in my brain all night too.

It just goes to show that too much power in the wrong hands always leads to bad things. :mad: But damn if the whole mess didn't smell amazingly amazing and awesomely awesome while I cleaned it up! Nearly licked the floor... but I resisted. :cross:

-Steve

Back