Kegging dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaa2m

Reaction score
I am thinking of current cost vs. future expansion....

for the price difference of $70, these 2 rigs both interest me:

2 keg: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=22

3 keg: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=86

the 3 keg comes with one more keg and connects/faucet but it also comes with a 3-way manifold...

give the option, knowing that i will want to upgrade the system in the future (more kegs, perlick faucets, etc) is it worth the price difference to go ahead and get the 3 kegger?

the 2 kegger can easily add a manifold to support more kegs. i most likely will only keep 2 kegs on tap at once, but i may want to force carb one while the others are serving... not sure, just wanted to get your thoughts.

I just bought mine. By the way, the customer service with kegconnection.com is awesome!

Anyway, I bought the first one you pictured. I only have room for two kegs in my apartment sized fridge. But then I added another keg. So, I bought that kit with the y and the two set ups, and then an additional keg. I plan on having two beers on tap all the time, with others conditioning. I want to buy more kegs when I have the money. If you have the room, though, you could get the three. I don't really see a disadvantage to having the 3 way Y. But kit #1 plus one more keg is like $40 less than the one with the second kit.

I was looking at similar kits and I decided that I only want two kegs on normal CO2, my third keg will be a mock cask conditioned ale on a beer engine and then (later down the road) number four will be a stout on beer gas.

Now, this is all subject to change, but I am going to do just the two (and I decided on a tower) for now, that way I have the option of going through with it :)

FWIW I started with three kegs and no wye on my CO2 tank. My vote would be buy what you know you need, the cheap one.

When you see how much time you are saving, well, you'll probably be buying more stuff. Like a bigger CO2 tank for the house so you can take the 5#'r fishing with you, stuff like that.

M2c

Back