I am the Good Son-In-Law, Dammit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, after church yesterday, swmbo, kids and I hop in the family van and drive five hours to the inlaws. Today, we're putting on a reception for them (in their church) in honor of their 50th anniversary. I'm expecting about 3 hours of prep work to get ready for the reception. When the reception ends at 6 pm, we hop back in the van and drive back home, getting to bed at midnight most likely and up at 'em tomorrow morning for work, school, etc.

I am the good son-in-law.

Oh, my father in law likes my hand-made beers, especially the blonde and cream ales. And last night, at dinner at a restaurant overlooking the Mississippi, I enjoyed a Boulevard unfiltered wheat beer. There, now this has something to do with beer.

I am the good one too!
'course I was the only one until Saturday, but all of my Father-in-Law's kids joke that he likes me better than any of them!

It's good to be the favorite.

Then we go right by you. We take I-290 to I-80 to I-74 to US34. Scenic highlights include: Princeton, Galesburg, Monmouth, and Biggsville :ban:

aw, I thought there was going to be some drama. Like your father in law not appreciating you after all your hard work. Oh well, congrats on being good (and liked)!!

Pappers,

You are a great son-in-law, that is a lot of driving and quite a full day. I am referred to as "The Choose One" by the in-laws (I married the only daughter of 4 kids), last month SWMBO and I spent three weekends in a row @ their place. Thursday - Sunday each week roofing (25 sqr.), siding, sauffet, fascia and new gutters. If I learned one thing "I'm no-longer 25yrs old".

Cheers...

I am the bad son-in-law for sure in SWMBOs family. That's a long and painful story!!

I am the good son-in-law too. :)

In fact, I am the only son in law. The old guy has two millionaire sons that do the money stuff. I do all the hands on stuff.

My particular old fart is 90 years old and has an extensive collection of whisky. Every time I mow his yard (3 hours worth) or fix something (It was the barn doors this week), I get a bottle of whiskey. It ain't like I want it, but you just can't dismiss the old guy's generosity. 90 years old is too old to feel insulted. ...........So.....Mow lawn, get druck. ;)

In Burlington, Iowa at a restaurant called Big Muddy's.

I grew up in Burlington! When Big Muddy's building was just an abandoned railroad warehouse (mid 70's) some buddies and I "may" have had a bit of fun running around in there. Had many a Dragon Boat Racers party there too years back.

I am the good son-in-law too. :)

In fact, I am the only son in law. The old guy has two millionaire sons that do the money stuff. I do all the hands on stuff.

My particular old fart is 90 years old and has an extensive collection of whisky. Every time I mow his yard (3 hours worth) or fix something (It was the barn doors this week), I get a bottle of whiskey. It ain't like I want it, but you just can't dismiss the old guy's generosity. 90 years old is too old to feel insulted. ...........So.....Mow lawn, get druck. ;)

Well, you know, if you ever get too many of those bottles, I can give you a shipping address for proper disposal. :D

Well, you know, if you ever get too many of those bottles, I can give you a shipping address for proper disposal. :D

That ain't ever gonna happen. This saturday he gave me a 5th of old grandad. I said to him, "Ya know? you don't have to get me drunk every time I help around the house" His reply that I didn't have to drink it, just accept it (I would actually prefer to not accept it, but you know how those old farts are)......My reply to him was that I was bound by the constitution to pursue happiness.

No, there will be no spare bottles. :)

That ain't ever gonna happen. This saturday he gave me a 5th of old grandad. I said to him, "Ya know? you don't have to get me drunk every time I help around the house" His reply that I didn't have to drink it, just accept it (I would actually prefer to not accept it, but you know how those old farts are)......My reply to him was that I was bound by the constitution to pursue happiness.

No, there will be no spare bottles. :)

You are the good SIL - taking the fifth even though you don't want to, a true sacrifice

:p

Oh and by the way, we're back, the reception was fantastic, though I was a mess the next day - I sorta enjoy sleep deprivation's mild hallucinagenic effect.

Latest posts

Back