WTK: Cheapest Online Source for Grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultravista

Reaction score
I plan on taking the all grain plunge and would like advice on the least expensive online store for purchasing grains when putting a kit together.

Where do you get your grains?

Also, since I'm trying BIAG, is it posible to request a fine milling vs. 'normal' milling?

Rebel Brewer has base malt for 75 cents a pound if you buy more than 10. The rest of their prices seem about in line with Midwest. I've brewed ten batches or so off it, and the beer tastes great. As for milling, spend the $35 and get a Corona or Victoria type mill. I use a Victoria, and while I spend about 20 minutes on my grind for a batch, the final product is much better than having the supplier do the work for me.

brewsource.com has very good pricing on bulk grain, though I cannot vouch for them at all. I have not dealt with them; just came across their website during an unrelated search. Maybe someone else here can chime in on how they are.

Back