So I had a keg stolen... :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtymike1

Reaction score
Well my friends threw a party for my buddies 30 birthday last night. We all got a keg of Sierra Nevada and had a great time. Well my buddy just called me and said that the he can't find the keg at his house. Everyone that was there has said they don't have it... Well I was planning on going over there tomorrow and getting it and getting my deposit back... What can I do?

I've read the thread about the ethic's of using kegs for brewing, but what can I do being the guy that can't return the keg? Am I going to get into any trouble, or is this what the deposit is there to cover?

Thanks in Advance!!

you lost your deposit of 40 bucks or so and cost the brewery money. Thats about it.

As long as you don't post on here in the next few days about a new keggle, everything is fine. :D

Hey guys, I was in Virginia yesterday, and I saw an empty keg by the side of the road! I totally snagged it and going to make a keggle out of it!

Pretty much all you can do is just eat the cost of the deposit. That's what the deposit is for, so the brewery can recoup some of the cost of the keg if it doesn't come back.

Thanks for the answer's, and no you'll won't be hearing about my new keggle... I figured that nothing would happen, at least that was the jist of what I read inthe other thread. It still sucks, I'm out some loots bucks...

Thanks for the answer's, and no you'll won't be hearing about my new keggle... I figured that nothing would happen, at least that was the jist of what I read inthe other thread. It still sucks, I'm out some loots bucks...

And one of your dirt bag friends made 40 bucks. I suppose it's better than loaning them money that you'd never see again.

<sarcasm>

I always get a kick out of it when people I'm friendly with abuse that friendship for monetary gain.

</sarcasm>

And one of your dirt bag friends made 40 bucks. I suppose it's better than loaning them money that you'd never see again.

<sarcasm>

I always get a kick out of it when people I'm friendly with abuse that friendship for monetary gain.

</sarcasm>

i wouldn't go as far to say that one of my friends stole it. My buddy lives in a iffy neighborhood and it could have been one of the hood rats that lives near him...

I try to have a little more faith in my fellow man and would like to believe that people who say they are my friend wouldn't do this to me.

Back