So its been raining for days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrshaund

Reaction score
I was getting ready to plant my rhizomes this week but instead it has been raining non stop here in Mi and suppose to continue through Sunday... My question is will I be ok to plant or should I wait it looks like another week of rain next week as well.

Thank you

I live in Oregon so I feel your pain. We have been get .2-.5 in a day for the last week and the next month isn't looking to promising. I planted my Rhizomes mid to late March, I felt like they were getting way to much water so I made little greenhouses/rainsheilds. They were really easy to make just 8 small stakes( I just cut up a couple pieces of pine firewood) stapled together to make a square with four feet coming off of it. Then wrap it in plastic wrap you would have in your kitchen.

Works great to keep the rain off of the root, if you stick the feet into the soil a bit and mound soil on the side of the plastic wrap and seal it it and keeps the soil warm for those cold nights. Looks really ghetto, but has helped my shoots live through 28 degree nights.

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0283 (1).jpg

Back