What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BdC

image-113018044.jpg

jhart94949 said:
Wow! Found a really good beer!!! Wookey Jack, one of the best Black IPAs I have had

Woooooooookkkkeeeeeyyyyy!!!!! :D

Yeah, it's definitely my favorite BIPA.

Finally home so the weekend can now officially start. :D

Starting off with some light drinking.

image-1621710293.jpg

you must have gotten a bad bottle. I've never had a Westmalle Tripel taste skunked before (and I've had more than a few).

As it warms the skunkiness fades and I'm getting a hint of sourness on the nose. I still don't think I'd pay $5 for a single bottle again though.

had a Red hook Long Hammer IPA, 2 Boulevard wheats and a ska brewing hopis moderondis (not sure if thats how you spell it) after work while waiting out a rain storm

now having chips and gauc waiting on my flat iron to cook, I love grilling :D and beers of course

HB: Nelson/Citra dry hopped Rye IPA. Insane grapefruit type flavor.

Think I like the Galaxy/Nelson dry hop combo better by just a bit.

Me: this sample glass you got me at the brewery is great for whiskey.
Swmbo: you are drinking whiskey!?
Me: yeah
Swmbo: are you only drinking lighter beer after that?
Me: I guess.
Swmbo: I don't even want to know what happens with you and your brother tomorrow night.

We are going to the eagles game up at met life this weekend. E-A-G-L-E-S

It's the first snow of the year. Drinking a HB'd evil twin, dry hopped with simcoe.

ForumRunner_20131004_181944.jpg

Im dying to try Blithering Idiot. I very much enjoy a good barley or wheat wine

I like the Blithering Idiot for one reason. Weyerbacher didn't douse it with the IBU's like pretty much all the other breweries did last year. Very nice malt forward barley wine!

You never need to be without if your craving for something from the Northeast.

I have a Weyerbacher bomb that awaits you if you so choose my friend. :rockin:

I like the Blithering Idiot for one reason. Weyerbacher didn't douse it with the IBU's like pretty much all the other breweries did last year. Very nice malt forward barley wine!

You never need to be without if your craving for something from the Northeast.

I have a Weyerbacher bomb that awaits you if you so choose my friend. :rockin:

Sounds great! I will be taking you up on that soon :mug:

HB: Nelson/Citra dry hopped Rye IPA. Insane grapefruit type flavor.

Think I like the Galaxy/Nelson dry hop combo better by just a bit.

I think a beer with all three is in order. That's going to be my next white ipa. Probaly do a ten gallon so I can drink 5 while I wait on the the other 5 to bottle condition with brett/

Tonight is barley wine night in the Smith residence. One of these and some blithering idiots should get me to start busting out the 2007 Avery The Beast's..

Never like the Beast much, but I bought a case of Hog Heaven once. It gets really nice with a few years. Got an Uncle Jacob's the other day, but I get the feeling I'll end up shipping that instead of drinking it.

Im dying to try Blithering Idiot. I very much enjoy a good barley or wheat wine

I should have sent you the wheat wine I brewed last year with wlp530. Not world class or anything, but it's aging pretty well.

Another BdC here. Looks just like the last one. ;)

My local usually has it, i'll be there Sat or Sun. Give me an address and it will be on it's way.

I definately appriciate it Rex but Im about 5 trades deep so if your also willing to wait a few weeks Id be more than happy to trade up with you too! Damn I love the people that hang at this thread, you guys rock! :rockin:

Never like the Beast much, but I bought a case of Hog Heaven once. It gets really nice with a few years. Got an Uncle Jacob's the other day, but I get the feeling I'll end up shipping that instead of drinking it.
Another BdC here. Looks just like the last one. ;)

Wheat wine and barley wine are up next after my dopplebock. Grand Cru's are a style I have to sip on or it can be too much. I am anticipating a long sipping session when I do finally crack these open. 16.23% abv could put the smack on ya quick!

Latest posts

Back