What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
55-60 year old dude just pulled up in the campsite next to me and opened his cooler...Founders All Day IPA in cans came flying out. Think in have a new friend.

That's pretty old. He's retired and you're not. Take advantage of that stash while you can.

They just closed for the season last weekend. Nothing like skiing in slush...

I love that place. So small compared to many of the other resorts. And the terrain is sick. I remember my first beer...I mean my first time dropping into the Zuma Bowl (the first season it opened). I've been there a few times since. Love to snowboard in CO. Been to many other spots out there. Where you at?

I've also snowboarded at Mt. Hood in June (2008 or 2009). It was 30F near the summit and 75F when I got back to Portland haha. That was silly.

That's pretty old. He's retired and you're not. Take advantage of that stash while you can.

Haha...that is super old but I'm catching up FAST. I just don't encounter many 50 year old + hop heads, so I thought it was cool. But I'll stick with my Two Hearted and 60 Minute. I do have a handful of High Life in the cooler.

I'm about an hour southwest of downtown Denver. A-Basin was the place to go when i was younger and had no kids. Haven't been there in about 5 years. Got spoiled when my brother worked at Keystone and Breckenridge - free lift tickets. Last couple of years its been Loveland and Steamboat with the kids.

And since i have clearly stopped working, i think it's time to head to the brewery now....

That looks like a good time, Ridire. Haven't been camping in 6-7 years.

I'm enjoying this buzz and almost done with this cigar (2 hrs. later). Listening to KRS-one on the front porch.

Started in the pnw ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403901545.514186.jpg
Then
Went to the mid ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403901581.629197.jpg
Now I'm back to the east
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403901603.279573.jpg

I wish I was camping! Have a great time ridire.

I was nervous after reading previous years' reviews but I am really digging this. Glad I took the gamble.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403902160.519258.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Sounds awesome! Details on the homemade bitters?

Grabbed it from a site called Belly to Bacon except I added a teaspoon of wormwood to mine in addition to some other goodies. Spruce tips were from blue spruces that line a hedge row in my back yard. I figured it was time to put those trees to work.

Spruce Tip Bitters

2 cup spruce tips
1/2 star anise
1 cardamom pod
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon wormwood
Zest from 1/2 grapefruit
Half zest off a tiny key lime

1 cup moonshine
Step one: Combine all ingredients in a jar. Shake every few days for a month.

Step two: Strain into a bottle/jar.

Haha...that is super old but I'm catching up FAST. I just don't encounter many 50 year old + hop heads, so I thought it was cool. But I'll stick with my Two Hearted and 60 Minute. I do have a handful of High Life in the cooler.

That is awesome! Bring over a high life and let the stories ensue! (of course, pack a two-hearted in case he curls his nose up at the HL)! All-Day is basically my desert island beer, anyone that drinks more than one is awesome in my book.

Grabbed it from a site called Belly to Bacon except I added a teaspoon of wormwood to mine in addition to some other goodies. Spruce tips were from blue spruces that line a hedge row in my back yard. I figured it was time to put those trees to work.

Spruce Tip Bitters

2 cup spruce tips

1/2 star anise

1 cardamom pod

1 teaspoon coriander

1 teaspoon wormwood

Zest from 1/2 grapefruit

1 cup moonshine

Awesome- thanks!
On to beer number 2.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403910074.595445.jpg

Umm.... Is it just me, or is the little one giving the Bronx cheer?

Anyway... Been a while since camping, jealous!

Spruce Tip Bitters

2 cup spruce tips
1/2 star anise
1 cardamom pod
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon wormwood
Zest from 1/2 grapefruit

1 cup moonshine

Rocking! Going back to email myself - I love a good Manhattan, and I have a big bitters collection.

Now, on topic - bathing the little one, Great Return 1 & 2.

1403910918887.jpg

1403910943620.jpg

Umm.... Is it just me, or is the little one giving the Bronx cheer?

Haha. I did a double take on that too

This is my next beer, and I've been looking forward to finishing this so I can move onto it! Cheers!

DSC_0364.JPG

Homebrew Citra IPA to start the night.

DSC_0358.JPG

Cheers! That was my first White Rajah. Damn good! Now onto an Old 21 DIPA from Brew Kettle. Not as good. Probably should have opened it sooner

B. Stiff...root beer, from Oskar Blues in Brevard, NC. Also...the beer can arch leading to the tap room. No DD, so had to make my purchase and leave 😭. Would love to have had a flight...or tried the Cask of Green Tea something or other. Alas, SWMBO was in no mood to accompany or accommodate. Funky place, though!

IMAG3220_1.jpg

IMAG3217.jpg

Latest posts

Back