Just wanted to say THANKS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYbrewer

Reaction score
I am fairly new to this site. I have been reading some posts for some time now, and have gotten a lot of help from the information. I have brewed a few batches of beer so far. I have been mostly using extracts, and have tweeked a couple of kits. I still have a lot to learn. I am pretty much experimenting in the dark, but so far, everything has been very good. I really don't know yet how to add what to where to get a planned outcome, but so far, I have added crystal to a kit, and extra extract and other fermentables to gain higher gravities. I think I would like to start doing a partial mash, just have to get up the nerve. Trying to spend a little less on batches, extract is convenient, but expensive.

GREAT SITE !!!

Welcome to Homebrewtalk. If you even think you might go all grain, I'd say just go for it and skip partial mashing. I put off AG way longer than I needed to. If you really want to get into recipe formulation, I'd suggest the book Designing Great Beers, it'll give you insight into several styles and what types of malt go with them.

Good Luck.

Back