Dad's Approval On 7-7-07

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrb

Reaction score
So I invited my family to my parent's house last night for dinner.
(Wife's about to birth our son and we had to get out of the house
and do something.)

As usual, I bring a few new hombrew's to share with my sister
and my dad. I thought that maybe we'd drink one or two of the
22's. But..... my dad couldn't get enough of the stuff. We quickly
mowed through two new IPAs and then a brown. Then he found
a bottle that I brought the time before and we polished that off
too. He complimented EACH one. Doesn't it make this lovely
hobbie more than worthwhile when someone else can enjoy it
too?

Oh, and sis liked the brown a lot. I even got a request to make
some for her.

:mug:

Awesome man, it makes you feel good when someone appreciates what you're making right? ;)
Likewise

Its always nice when family and good friends appreciate your beer (not just tell its good because you asked). The is especially true for as a new brewer. I also appreciate when people tell me what the like and don't like about my beers.
I gave out a few of my recent porters before I had sampled them (I know I need to learn patience). After sampling I realized it was not a very good beer, and several of my friends and family has told me the same. Nice to know they are not just being nice.
Even my wife likes one of the beers I've made and has asked me to make more. It surprised me as she very seldom drinks beer and says a NutBrown tastes burnt.

Craig

That's awesome. It's not long before he starts brewing with you!

I actually asked him if he was interested in seeing me brew my next batch, and he wholeheartedly said "YES"! Hey, one convert per family per year and my family will be brewing fools in no time.

Back