Corny Keg Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjschroed

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been hovering around reading and absorbing as much knowledge as I can for a while now and everything I've read has been great but I haven't really had any questions to ask until know. Okay so here is my problem. I fill my corny with Hot water and I hooked everything up, open the pressure up on the CO2 and there is a pretty significant leak on the line in. When I disconnect the gas line the keg holds pressure. I'm thinking either bad O-rings or bad Quick disconnect but I wanted to bounce both ideas of everyone here and hope for some ideas or maybe something I didn't think of. Please help, my Brown Ale is due to come out of secondary soon and I really don't want to bottle it.

There was a gasket on the top of the disconnect. I have not replaced my o-rings. I was told that they were fine but they certainly don't look like it and I was prepared to replace them but I was still hoping to get it up and running before I had to. I wanted to be confident in they way it worked. . . this makes me less than confident is all.

I just rebuilt 4. Give your old o-rings a good sniff and that will make you want to rebuild it. I was thinking when I first got the kegs that I didn't need to, even though kegconnection sent me new orings for every keg I ordered.

Spray or brush a Star-Stan or soapy water on after you connect your gas. Look for bubbles to see where your leak is.

Once you know the exact location then you can take steps to remedy the leak.

Latest posts

Back