What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah. Just got the brewing job phone call I'd been waiting for. Not sure who calls for a phone interview at 9:30 on a Sunday night. Brewers, I suppose. But I've got an in person interview penciled in for Thursday.

Drinking water. Not sure what I'm drinking next.

Congrats. Told you he forgot haha!

I've heard tons about Carton brewing but I've never been there or had any of their brews. Any good? I think they're about a 45 min drive south.

Unimpressed tonight, my friends I was with wanted to drink my beer instead, either mine is better than I think or theirs is mediocre,I think the latter.
Did pick up a couple tekus though:rockin:

IMG_3919.jpg

View attachment 213970

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ftfy. Sold out in am hour or so and was all non-regulars.

Hell yeah. Just got the brewing job phone call I'd been waiting for. Not sure who calls for a phone interview at 9:30 on a Sunday night. Brewers, I suppose. But I've got an in person interview penciled in for Thursday.

Congrats!

Big hydro sample of Hi-Nelson Saison w/Hibiscus, coldcrashed...plus a Matt's Summer Brew equals ?
Hell, I don't know...still tastes mostly like the Summer Brew, but a little more tang. It's good, though!(I may be getting a dose of probiotic.) Bottled the saison and working on a started for a Citra Saison using harvested Belle Saison. Also made and bottled 11 bottles of Diet (Truvia) Root Beer...trying something new!

DSC05130.jpg

DSC05131.jpg

DSC05127.jpg

Congrats! That's awesome.

Bad ass man! Congrats! And good luck going forward.

Congrats buddy. Kick ass and take names!!!

Unimpressed tonight, my friends I was with wanted to drink my beer instead, either mine is better than I think or theirs is mediocre,I think the latter.

That sucks to hear. Nice glass pick up though.

A growler of Horseheads IPA, River Horse Special Ale, and some Fullers Porter. Damn, i gotta be up for work at 6 am

My parents brought me a mix assortment of stuff back from Wyoming. Wish I had more than the one.

Congrats - and good luck on Thursday!

Coffee ... and the cycle begins again :(

Coff.

Definitely no beer for me today. Drank way too much yesterday. Way too much.

Love that glass. I want that as well as their beer.

Coffee. Mondays are worse without sleep.

Yes. Gravity fed. I filled 5x 1 gallon pins. I go for 5 in the fermenter and usually hit 5.1-5.2 or so, so actually bottled about 4.7 gallons leaving just a bit of headspace in each pin, primed to 1.2 volumes.

I'm assuming the pins are reusable. I plan on rinsing after use and then cleaning/sanitizing and reusing em. I got em from http://www.usplastic.com/, the "cubitainer" box and insert is a little more than it should be, but the inserts (the actual polypin) is only a couple bucks, and the spigot also only a couple bucks. I ordered 10 inserts, 5 boxes, and 10 spigots for about $70 including shipping.

I'm on my third pint already. I'm not worried about shelf life once tapped, since at this rate it'll be gone by tomorrow. My concern is the shelf life of the other pins that haven't been tapped yet.

Nice. I could kill a gallon of mild in a day!

Congrats! Good luck on the interview.

Continued down the Beer Camp path with the Alt, Chico Pale (no pic) and Imperial Dark. The pale and dark were the first good ones of the case.

Coffee now, eyeing Saturday vacation start line. The week will suck!

1406553604850.jpg

1406553617407.jpg

Diet caffeine free Mountain Dew while my Citra Saison boils. Subbing pale for pilsner and honey for clear candi. So far so good. After school pick up a little after 2 pm is gonna mess me up, though.

IMAG3341.jpg

IMAG3342.jpg

They make caffeine free Mountain Dew? What heresy is this?

Drinking water and trying to wrap up the rest of my day as quickly as possible.

I never understood the point of caffeine free diet soda. Diet soda, okay. Caffeine free…basically why not just drink kool-aid? :D

Water. I have a ****ing headache again and it's clearly making me more cranky than I normally am…as if that is even possible!

Water with nettle and milky oats tinctures.
I'm in a bad mood because my "grocery" run found no decent beer I wanted to buy.

I never understood the point of caffeine free diet soda. Diet soda, okay. Caffeine free…basically why not just drink kool-aid? :D

Water. I have a ****ing headache again and it's clearly making me more cranky than I normally am…as if that is even possible!

There are certain sodas that don't have caffeine. Your lemon-lime ones (Sprite, 7up, etc), root beer (most of em at least), etc. I don't really object to soda without caffiene.

Rather, it's taking essentially the most caffienated widely available soda that's not an energy drink (save maybe Jolt Cola, but that's a gimmick anyway), and taking out the caffiene. Diet Dew is bad enough. I couldn't imagine Diet Caffiene Free Dew.

Anyway, drinking more of my Pale Mild. 2nd pint of the afternoon, and kicked the first polypin. I figure I'll wait another week or so before tapping the second one.

There are certain sodas that don't have caffeine. Your lemon-lime ones (Sprite, 7up, etc), root beer (most of em at least), etc. I don't really object to soda without caffiene.

Rather, it's taking essentially the most caffienated widely available soda that's not an energy drink (save maybe Jolt Cola, but that's a gimmick anyway), and taking out the caffiene. Diet Dew is bad enough. I couldn't imagine Diet Caffiene Free Dew.

Anyway, drinking more of my Pale Mild. 2nd pint of the afternoon, and kicked the first polypin. I figure I'll wait another week or so before tapping the second one.

I guess I should have articulated that better. I think diet is fine, though not super tasty, but if the soda has caffeine and that is omitted then why bother at that point? I'm sure people who drink it will beg to differ. :D I agree about Mountain Dew but diet dew is actually not horrid. It is one of the few diet drinks that I recall being okay. These days, I try to just drink soda pop in moderation anyway, but I'll jump off my ******* soapbox.

Speaking of, drinking root beer. Finding my keg has some weird flavor so when this is gone I'll try a super hot water PBW soak and replacement of o-rings again. I don't think it is the line.

/ramble -- sorry.

I guess I should have articulated that better. I think diet is fine, though not super tasty, but if the soda has caffeine and that is omitted then why bother at that point? I'm sure people who drink it will beg to differ. :D I agree about Mountain Dew but diet dew is absolutely horrid. It is one of the few diet drinks that I recall being completely not okay. These days, I try to just drink soda pop in moderation anyway, but I'll jump off my ******* soapbox.

Speaking of, drinking root beer. Finding my keg has some weird flavor so when this is gone I'll try a super hot water PBW soak and replacement of o-rings again. I don't think it is the line.

/ramble -- sorry.

FTFY.

I guess you make the standpoint that they're already adding caffeine in (at least, I'm not aware of any sodas where caffeine is present naturally), so it's not a big deal to just not add it. But it does add a little flavor, and most beverages that normally have caffeine don't taste right without it. However, I don't think the difference is nearly as noticeable as decaf coffee, where it actually has to be processed to remove caffeine.

On another note, I much prefer Diet Coke to regular Coke, and Diet Dr. Pepper tastes just as good if not better than regular Dr. Pepper. Just Diet Dew is f***ing vile. But I too have cut back my soda consumption in lieu of seltzer water over the last year. And it's been a good thing.

Speaking of which, drinking seltzer water.

FTFY.

I guess you make the standpoint that they're already adding caffeine in (at least, I'm not aware of any sodas where caffeine is present naturally), so it's not a big deal to just not add it. But it does add a little flavor, and most beverages that normally have caffeine don't taste right without it. However, I don't think the difference is nearly as noticeable as decaf coffee, where it actually has to be processed to remove caffeine.

On another note, I much prefer Diet Coke to regular Coke, and Diet Dr. Pepper tastes just as good if not better than regular Dr. Pepper. Just Diet Dew is f***ing vile. But I too have cut back my soda consumption in lieu of seltzer water over the last year. And it's been a good thing.

Speaking of which, drinking seltzer water.

I absolutely will not drink Diet Sprite. Disgusting. reg Sprite only

Diet soda makes me want to puke. Of course, regular soda does too, now. :p

Man I'm crabby today. Think it's time to open a beer.

My raspberry saison that I put on over 4 pounds of raspberries. Such a delicious drinkable beer for summer. Next batch I'm thinking blueberries!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406581609.555720.jpg

Latest posts

Back