What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jameson after getting back from the vet, for a dog I didn't want when the ex brought her home and receptively tried to give away l'm pretty tore up. Worse part of having a dog.

No bueno.

Sorry to hear that - and you're right, it is rough.

More water here as I'm finally nearing sparge time on my turbid mash. I've never worked grains so hard in my life!

Why go through all that trouble when you can make award winning lambice with extract? ;)

Water. Found some Weller 12 today and am looking forward to that, but tractors and liqour don't mix. It's almost 60 degrees today so I need to get a few things done before the singe digits return tomorrow night. This weather is so screwed up. We'll be able to tell the young folks we remember seasons.

The end of my Extra Knuckle as my "lambeec" boils.

And Gabe - after going through that mash I can understand the allure of using extract :D. Pre-boil gravity of 1.041 makes me think the mash went pretty well. :rockin:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390251460.909410.jpg

The end of my Extra Knuckle as my "lambeec" boils.

And Gabe - after going through that mash I can understand the allure of using extract :D. Pre-boil gravity of 1.041 makes me think the mash went pretty well. :rockin:

Pshaw. What's a couple hours of work for a beer that's going to take a year or three to mature?

Having this as the boil continues. Thanks Clint! Looks like it won't be quite as long a boil as the dry air is really contributing to boil-off.

You call that ghetto? Have you not seen the rusted out stock tank I have my burner in?

How that? Didn't they use the azacca hops in that. I just orders some going to do a smash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Yeah Azacca and Mosaic. Its very light in color decent aroma and hop flavor not as flavorable as Dirt Wolf

I'd been curious about this Omission line for a long time. I have to say, I'm impressed. In that it tastes like decent beer (albeit not the best beer). But for something that's by many (but not all) definitions, gluten free, it's leaps and bounds beyond the competition.

20140120_174409[1].jpg

Wort is cooled and covered - will oxygenate and pitch after dinner. Then I get to clean up too :). Thanks for this one Allen!

Nice, I like that a lot for a sessionable beer, it was brewery only forever. When you try out that José Martí, make sure to let it warm up quite a bit. Also, it's 65ibu, hop forward, so don't age it too long.

Wort is cooled and covered - will oxygenate and pitch after dinner. Then I get to clean up too :). Thanks for this one Allen!

I'd skip the oxygen, the bacteria won't appreciate it. A robust sacc fermentation isn't important.

Having some Weller 12, pretty darn tasty, much better than Antique.

My Oktoberfest lager homebrew is finally finished bottle conditioning... and is delicious. I need to slow down on it since it's a Monday and I still have another two hours of brewing left to do!

Just grabbed it to try it. Don't know why I bothered. I should have expected it. New Belgium has never thrilled me.

I used to drink the hell out of Frambozen when I could get my hands on it. but over the last 5-6 years, I've not had much interest in them. fickle taste, we brewers seem to have. hahahahhaa!!

I used to drink the hell out of Frambozen when I could get my hands on it. but over the last 5-6 years, I've not had much interest in them. fickle taste, we brewers seem to have. hahahahhaa!!

They haven't been available around here that long, and never had that one. A couple years, maybe. I didn't mind Belgo, but any of their other beers (Lips of Faith ones included) never get beyond "meh".

Not entirely sold on this one. I get the concept. And I dig the yeast. But there seems to be too much going on. And I'm pretty sure this isn't a fresh bottle. Not as much hops as I was led to believe.

20140120_192618[1].jpg

Back