First AG - 95% efficiency - Am I the son of god or calculation mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned something today. I'll stop spreading that propaganda from now on since that's a lot of anecdotal evidence that disproves the theory. But where is the double blind study? I got a good beer with my first Mr. Beer kit but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. I want to know if the difference is minimal or non-existent. The only way is an actual side by side comparision.

I learned something today. I'll stop spreading that propaganda from now on since that's a lot of anecdotal evidence that disproves the theory. But where is the double blind study? I got a good beer with my first Mr. Beer kit but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. I want to know if the difference is minimal or non-existent. The only way is an actual side by side comparision.

It sounds like you you won't believe it till you taste it for your self, so
brew up a couple batches. Squeeze one and don't squeeze the other.
Let us know what you think:mug:

Oh, and make sure you adjust for the 5%+ efficiency :D

Sizz said:
I'll stop spreading that propaganda from now on since that's a lot of anecdotal evidence that disproves the theory.

I don't think anecdotes can disprove theory... They are not scientific evidence.

Sizz said:
I got a good beer with my first Mr. Beer kit...

I guess this proves that taste is subjective... Brew what you like and enjoy it.

But for competition, you need to match the flavor to the profiles; that is a different discussion.

Back