Hello everyone! Guidance needed....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronA

Reaction score
I've developed an interested in the idea of home brewing. Are there some books, or other sources of info that you all could recommend to me before I jump into buying a home brew kit? I'm a complete newbie. I need to get the basics down before I go any further so I'd love to tap into the vast knowledge around here so I can get pointed in the right direction.

--Aaron
hatbrew.gif

Welcome to the insanity.
And yeah what Floyd said-Papzian and How To Brew. How to Brew is not just online, you can also buy it- it's by John Palmer.

HurricaneFloyd said:
Welcome! Try this book and website.

The Complete Joy of Home Brewing 3rd Edition by Charlie Papazian

www.howtobrew.com
This is the book that got me addicted to home brewing.

You are on the right track. Read a book on home brewing, learn the basics, and your first brew will go a lot smoother. Plus you can ask questions of this forum. :mug:

Welcome and enjoy home brewing!

Thanks guys! I look forward to this addicting hobby!:mug:

--Aaron
hatbrew.gif

I bought the How To Brew book as well before I started. He has a new edition out now. A great book. Easy to read and easy to get started, but it's also full of all kinds of in-depth stuff like figuering water hardness and mash ph and how to construct brewing equipment. I would consider it a must have.

Hello Aaron
Welcome to the hobby. Read those books and never be afaraid to ask questions. a dumb question is better than brewing a bad batch. Also get involved with a brew club in your area.

flightbrewer said:
Hello Aaron
Also get involved with a brew club in your area.
Good idea, I'll definitely have to look into that. Thanks for the welcome and the help everyone!

--Aaron
hatbrew.gif

Latest posts

Back