Brewing yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiochris

Reaction score
I made a batch of cider with Windsor brewing yeast ( beer ) and it came out great. Still sweet , a little tart, and good apple cider flavor. Besides my experiment with turbo yeast which came out nasty , I have been using EC-118 champagne yeast...which comes out ok but dry and tart. So far the brewing yeast came out the best tasting. I used 3 gallons of musselmans cider off the shelf at wal mart and one packet of the windsor yeast and 6 days till it stopped bubbling. Thats a cheap and simple recipe for anybody just starting out. It should only get better as it ages. :mug:

Cool. Sounds like you had a good start. I have yet to make any cider at all, but I sort of like the overall simplicity compared to beer. I'll have to give it a try.

it is way simpler than beer, and the best part is that you can do a 1 gal test batch easily and cheaply.

Back