Not Good...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doed

Belching Dog Brewery
Reaction score
Went to get a homebrew last night and when I pulled the tap I received that pfffft sound that you get when a keg kicks. Now I knew this couldn't be right because I had only pulled one pint of this brand new keg of delicious cream ale. So I opened my keezer and found this. Not good...

NotGood.jpg

So did you dip your glass in that?

What happened?

Thought about it, but just couldn't bring myself to. Scooped it out with a plastic pitcher and dumped it out behind my house.

That was almost 5 gallons of homebrew. :( I was bummed the rest of the evening.

I think what happened was on Saturday I cleaned out the homebrew beer line and moved some stuff around inside the keezer. I believe that the beer line came loose from the ball lock connector and leaked all the beer.

A guy posted on reddit.com's homebrewing sub about how he had a keg leak all through his 3rd floor bathroom tile and cause a whole mess of damage. His landlord is talking about evicting him if he doesn't get rid of all his homebrewing stuff, plus he has to pay all of the damage since he didn't have renter's insurance. Pretty scary ****. Be glad it didn't come to that, mate! Sorry about your beer, I'll pour some out for you later for libation.

O M G

I lost a few pints a few kegs ago because my liquid disconnect was leaking. That hurt pretty bad. I can't imagine what 5 gallons would feel like.

Back