BEST Holiday Extract Ale Recipe? (semi beginniner)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therigaletto

Reaction score
Hey all! Here's my first post.

I'm on my 3rd batch as a beginner and I would like to try a Holiday brew.

Here's what I'm looking for

-Something along the lines of Old Fezziwig but maybe a little easier to brew.

-A popular tested recipe would be nice. I don't want to 'experiment' yet with recipes since it's only my 3rd batch

-LOW bitterness.

Thanks all!

Welcome to HBT from MA.

Charlie Papazian's Holiday Cheer from The Complete Joy of Homebrewing is a great easy extract recipe. I make it every year. If you don't have it, let me know and I will post it.

Well worth it.

Thanks! I think I found the recipe, but could you post it so i'm doubly sure? This looks like a pale ale correct? Is there anything you could suggest for a darker beer?

I ordered a Chocolate Orange Holiday Ale from AHS. Can't wait to brew it up.

Description:

This flavorful holiday recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Its subtle cinnamon and orange flavors accentuate the Belgian chocolate. Malto dextrin gives the beer a smooth creaminess. It features black patent, pale malt, chocolate malt, crystal 40L, ground cinnamon, sweet orange peel, bitter orange peel, and Belgian cocoa powder. O.G. = 1.052. Approximately 4.7% ABV.

Charlie P's Holiday Cheer is great, as Marko said. It comes in a nice dark brown color (from the chocolate malts) and has nice holiday spice to it. I'd say it is a brown ale, not a pale ale.

Wow, that chocolate orange holiday ale sounds pretty interesting. I brewed the Brewers Best Holiday Ale and I wish I had gone with something else. I am going to leave it in bottles for a while longer to see if it will mellow out. Right now it has a bit of alcohol bite on the backend.

Latest posts

Back