So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be putting both a California Common and an Imperial IPA into secondary (and dry hopping the IPA with Cascade and Chinook). If it weren't for rent wiping my bank account, I'd brew up a raspberry weizen, but that'll have to wait until I get paid again.

So its my weekend Im off Tues-Fri. Im brewing a Bloody Red Irish Ale named so because I just sliced the crap out of my hand on a wine glass doing dishes. Thanks to redman67 for the recipe! Drinking an Snpa clone that I keep on tap.

I'm brewing an ESB tomorrow around noon. This morning I got out my London ESB Wyeast smack pak to get it ready for tomorrow and I guess I smacked it too hard because it's all over my living room floor now; first one I've ever had do that before. My LHBS has a very limited selection and doesn't carry that type of yeast. Any suggestions on a good alternative? I don't care about keeping to style or anything like that, I just want good beer. I haven't done much experimenting with yeast and I don't know what type of flavors to expect from different types. My LHBS only has the Wyest smack paks (maybe 8-9 different types) and dry Nottingham and my fermenting area stays around 67 degrees. Thanks for any input. :mug:

Brewing the Fresh Squeezed IPA and a Saison tomorrow!!

Care to share the fresh squeezed IPA recipe?

This morning I got out my London ESB Wyeast smack pak to get it ready for tomorrow and I guess I smacked it too hard because it's all over my living room floor now; first one I've ever had do that before.

I've had that fear once or twice. My last one I did I think was on the verge of blowing!!!!

Brewing what I'd call a garbage can wheat, with 4# wheat, 3# pils, 1# honeymalt and scattered amounts light grains I've had around for too long. Should be....interesting. Still on the fence as to whether or not I want to make this my first experiment with lemon zest as well.

HokieBrewer said:
Either brewing BM's Centennial Blonde or the Blood Orange Hefe this weekend...

Couldn't choose between the two so doing both tomorrow. Starter is going for the hefe and I'm overnight mashing the blonde later tonight...

I will (finally) be doing my first all-grain Saturday morning.
EdWort's Haus Ale seems like a good way to get things started.

kegging a Hoegaarden clone tonight and brewing a Kolsch tomorrow after I take the wife out to breakfast for Mother's Day.

I am thinking of brewing on Monday. I have two session ales in mind, which will include a repitch directly onto the yeast cake (which I usually never do). The first is a Mild, the second an Ordinary Bitter with American hops. I am trying to resurrect some 006 Bedford British yeast that expired last November, thus far without much luck. If it's not showing any activity by tomorrow, I'll probably switch to dry yeast.

Just bottled a batch of Tasty Tucker (house IPA.) Hops/grain measured out to boil another batch in the am. . .Man, I Luv IPA.

Had a great night eating epinadas and watching the fights last night with some friends. Came home and got my Belgian Wit going. It's bubbling away as we speak. :mug:

Yesterday being National Home Brewer's day was a great time to tutor my wife on her 1st brew,a BB summer ale-looks like a Belgian white,like Shock Top. She did a great job at nailing her temps on the grains,hop additions,etc. It's starting to show signs of life as we speak.
When the BK boils,I'll be starting my brown ale. Just think,next month we'll have 11 gallons of ale bottled!!:rockin::ban:

IPA this weekend.

ForumRunner_20110508_174811.jpg

Planned on brewing on Saturday at a registered Big Brew site, but when I got there I realized that I had forgotten my propane. Had to wait until yesterday to brew my Big Brew beer. It is a Heavy Scotch Brown. Really look forward to tasting it in a month. After only 4 hours after pitching, I had good activity.

Mashed a super sweet Simcoe Amarillo ipa ...Ed worts ipa grain bill ...hit the numbers and had a blast....and bottled my happy hops pale ale ...what a day

What a weekend!! My wife's 1st brew/grains,she did great. On mother's day,we surprised her with card,roses,a good meal,some home brew. Went down good with the passion fruit Smurf-n-off our daughter sent us. I also brewed up a batch of ale yesterday as well. Both are bubbling away to my right as we speak. Love seeing them both bubbling happily at the same time.

Great weekend. Getting ready for my first competition in July. Bottled a Lemon-Basil IPA. The basil aroma mixed with the citra hops smells fantastic. Also racked a Blonde Ale onto 6 lbs of strawberries. Both should be ready just in time for Memorial Day Weekend.

Brewing now... first lager. Going all out and making an Imperial - I'm not a big fan of lagers but I'm hoping this one will change my mind.

So I was going to bottle but I forgot to buy more bottles... so I brewed an english bitter... it makes sense to me. Cheers guys

It's great to watch the FV's bubbling away together. Her's is slowing down for the long haul. Mine is just getting up to full speed,going off like back to back short bursts from a machine pistol! And to think,all I had to do do get the gas to go through the airlock,rather than under the lid threads,was to trim off a tiny bit of molding flash from the sealing surface above the threads!
That seems to have done it quite well indeed. Less clean up!:ban:

I have to re-passivate my boil kettle first, but this afternoon I'll be brewing a mild and kegging my Weevilweizen.

Brewing up a 13 gallon batch of Hefeweissen Saturday.

Need to fill up the pipeline before the heat makes brewing miserable.

:ban:

Latest posts

Back