I corked one of my apple wine bottles way early

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubba

Reaction score
First thing I ever made. Was bottled 22 August. No pectolase, not pasteurized, oversized vessels, no real knowledge about anything but the basics, and so on.

It's not too visually appealing. Pectine hazed, but has a nice golden colour. Last time I tried it it was mostly yeast.

And I just had a sip.

And OH MAN THIS IS SO GOOD! I think it's around 13% or 15%, I don't remember exactly. It was made from apple juice, pressed with a juice press (very fun to do to 10kg of apples...), and this tastes just as good as, if not better, than the commercial apple wine (singular there) I've had. Some off flavours from the young age, sure, but in 6 months this will be amazing, I bet. Biggest complaint is that I only made 4 bottles total...

Next time, if I haven't gotten myself a fruit press (they're expensive...) I'll buy some pre-made apple juice. There's a really good muster in Sweden, which also made the commercial apple wine I once had.

I spiced this with vanilla and cinnamon, but I "dry spiced" them or whatever you'd call it. What I should have done was to boil a bit of apple juice with the spices, and then added it. But mistakes are made.

This is something I'll revisit!

DSCF0322.jpg

A picture of the wine.

Back