Mixed In Dry Yeast. Do I have a problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFamato

Reaction score
After my wort cooled I added the yeast. But instead of just sprinkling it on top I thoroughly mixed it in the wort by pouring the wort back and forth from two sanitized buckets. Should I have not done this? Do I have a problem? I hope the beer will be fine. The airlock was active for the first 24 hrs and then stopped. I'm on day 11 in the primary fermenter. I will be bottling in 3 or 4 days. Do you think my beer is fine?

yes, it will be fine. next time pour it on top and let it eat it's way down, but it will be ok. it might have an effect on a big beer, or an unoxygenated beer, but let it do it's thing, and then you do your thing when it's done

You are fine. What you did is aerate the wort as well which is what you should do at that time. Most people use pure oxygen or shake the hell out of the carboy. Oxygen is good at THIS time. Obviously, don't shake it after fermentation, unless you like liquid cardboard.

Latest posts

Back