First Snowfall of 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michigan_Wolfman

Reaction score
Winter has arrived here in Jackson Michigan. Ten to twelve inches total expected between tonight and tomorrow morning.

First Snowfall of 2015.jpg

Snowbound Fluffy Puppy.jpg

We got 8" here in Lansing. Kids lasted maybe 3 minutes outside after wanting to play in the snow all day. Their reply? "It's to cold out here I Wanna go back inside daddy". Took longer to get them dressed than the time they actually spent outside. Lol.

My girlfriend was traveling through Toledo last night for work and it was snowing there a little bit. Nothing in Cleveland yet though. It's on the way...

We had 5.5 inches here, but some lucky folks south hit the 1 foot mark. Supposed to melt before Thanksgiving. We're gonna have both kids and spousal units here, so hoping for good weather!

We got the same storm here in southeast WI. Hey, if you gotta get hit with a snowstorm, it's pretty great to have it start on Friday evening after everyone's home from work then continue overnight leading to a leisurely Saturday morning cleanup.

The bummer here was that it was a wet snow, followed by some freezing rain in the afternoon, then a huge temp drop around 3:00 pm. Ice everywhere.

I am hoping NC sees some snow this year. The three years I lived in NY City, we saw over 50 inches of snow, and that was just two storms.

:)

-slym

Busted out the push broom and shovels this weekend. I use the push broom to push the snow off the cars, and then shovel it away. At least until the sno gets packed down in the driveway where I don't have concrete. Once the bottom gets hard, I bring out the snow blower.

I'd say we got about 8" this weekend. I'm not sure it's sticking around though. It's already compressed to a couple of inches and any warm spell will melt it away. I bet it would be nice for a snowman, though!

We had a bit here in finland, but it all melted already, I want more snow, it's depressingly dark now at the moment.

Everything seems to be "extreme" this year with the weather, first the coldest summer in a century, now the warmest november in 50 years...

Snow's all gone. Melted last week. I cut the warped end off a 4x4 pole and planted the straight section in the backyard about 8 feet high to hang bird feeders. Ground was plenty soft yet. Mower gets brought back from the repair shop tomorrow, just in time to park it in it's winter spot in the shed and then I can bring the snowblower out and park it in the garage for it's season of use.

Same here. Snow mostly melted, then we had a ton of rain on Thanksgiving that took care of the rest. That allowed me to gather up the remaining leaves for the City to collect, and I put down one last application of Milorganite, then I got the snowblower ready to go.

Latest posts

Back