What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received this today and hope to shave some time off my next brew day and save on some propane with it...

Edalmetall.jpg

That is one nice burner, do they have a website they sell from?

I plan to try it out this weekend. It puts out some heat. And it's quiet.

I bought mine from Midwest Supplies during one of their 20% off sales.

:off: Are there plans available for it, or is it your own custom design?

Brew on :mug:

There are plans, sorta. It's based loosely on the old Dynaco ST-70, but the power tubes and appropriate output transformers are different, as well as the power transformer and the remainder of the power supply design are quite different from the Dynaco.

There isn't anything there that's a completely new innovation (sorta tough to do with tubes). That said, I'm fairly proud of the slow start, soft start feature I put into the power supply.

50LBer yes

Im not sure of how much grain it holds, but i dumped what was left of my sack of MO in there, that weighed 27 LBs, and its just under 1/2 full.

Cool. I've read that they're about 13 gallons so I think they should hold 50+. I'm just trying to determine if I want VV's vs gamma lids on homer buckets. I think the cheaper uglier solution may win....

Cool. I've read that they're about 13 gallons so I think they should hold 50+. I'm just trying to determine if I want VV's vs gamma lids on homer buckets. I think the cheaper uglier solution may win....

As others have often noted, the biggest advantage (other than price and availability) of the homer buckets is that you can safely stack them. If you are brave, 4-high, slightly less brave, 3-high, complete fraidycat, 2-high. They also can be used as the legs for multilevel bottling/kegging/racking station (just add a 12' x 24' piece of plywood), etc, etc.

Ugly can be covered by a sheet...and I am not sure how many times I have said that.

Yesterday i got all the ingredients to make the westvleteren 12 clone in the mail, together with some starsan and an autosiphon+bottling wand.

Today's bottling was a breeze, hopefully sunday's brewing will be too.

As others have often noted, the biggest advantage (other than price and availability) of the homer buckets is that you can safely stack them. If you are brave, 4-high, slightly less brave, 3-high, complete fraidycat, 2-high. They also can be used as the legs for multilevel bottling/kegging/racking station (just add a 12' x 24' piece of plywood), etc, etc.

Ugly can be covered by a sheet...and I am not sure how many times I have said that.

That's a good point. I'm not terribly concerned about ugly either since these will likely live in the basement. If I was I'd get white buckets instead of the orange HD ones.

Picked up 4 today since I need them for my splits tomorrow (not in the mail, sorry for thread spamming) since the gamma lids seem to be cheapest at HD.

View attachment 1429364303797.jpg

I received bittering hop oil extract! Although I thought I ordered aroma hop oil, it is no matter. I have it now and must use....

Not in the mail, but I picked these up today...

1 sack 2-row
1 sack Vienna
1 sack Maris Otter

w00t!

2015-04-20 15.47.09.jpg

Back