Philly area Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I've heard is "early April" without any specific dates. I will share once I hear.

I'm thinking that if it is released for nationwide distro tomorrow, the earliest we would see if would be next week. But bottle shops that I spoke to haven't got a clue as to if they are even getting any in, and the people I talk to are very reliable resources. I'm worried that we won't be seeing much of it :(

Talked to three different bottle shops, nobody has a good bead on when KBS will drop in the city. I'm tempted to put a call into Stockertown Beverage, but I don't want to be that guy. Anybody hear any scuttlebutt on when it will drop?

I haven't been able to get any good information. It's a mystery to everyone. Why don't you want to call the beverage joint?

A distributor told me today they only got one case. So it may be out for delivery today in the area. Still no one willing to hold it or call you back though.

A distributor told me today they only got one case. So it may be out for delivery today in the area. Still no one willing to hold it or call you back though.

I was told today by two different bottle shops that they won't get it until next week and they weren't sure how much they were getting. That was Food n' Friends and the Foodery on Sansom. Monde was flat out told they weren't getting any.
I was also told by a bottle shop that they don't expect to get any Parabola in. There was apparently a shortage and a bunch of east coast cities won't see it. I dunno if that is true or not

I'm beginning to think some of these owners are annoyed with people asking. So they say they don't know anything.

Or they say it's next week so they run away half the people until then, and then it's sold out.

Or they say they won't hold bottles, when I know they will.

I'm beginning to think some of these owners are annoyed with people asking. So they say they don't know anything.

Or they say it's next week so they run away half the people until then, and then it's sold out.

Or they say they won't hold bottles, when I know they will.

The responses I got were from counter services and all in person...they all seemed genuine enough to me. No body language leading me to think they were lying. They might just not know the whole truth, too.

Seems like most wholesale distributors got it today. How long until it's distributed to a store, that's the variable.

Agreed. I don't mind making that walk daily to both bottle shops from my office, so long as the eventual pay off does occur. If I strike out on both KBS and Parabola, I'll be a little bit peeved. On the brighter side, my wallet gains a little bit of weight lol

I would love to find a bottle of Parabola. I have a bottle from 2012 that I have been sitting on, waiting for the "right" moment to drink it. Getting a replacement bottle would probably be that moment!

I just got word that my bottle shop will be getting one case in this week. Now I just have to hope that I'm one of the lucky 24 (out of 70) when he does the lottery on Thursday night!

*edit* - of course a part of me is also worried this is BS and we'll get the April Fools announcement in a while :eek:

I would love to find a bottle of Parabola. I have a bottle from 2012 that I have been sitting on, waiting for the "right" moment to drink it. Getting a replacement bottle would probably be that moment!

Meanwhile Sucaba is going into week three, hanging out on the shelves just waiting lol

Is it $10 a bottle? Yeah, not great, but whatever. I'm hoping to get some at whole foods too.

I'm also hoping to not have to go through the hassle for beer anymore. Just wait until hunahpu is distributed next year....

Well, that's lame. If I'd known they were going to have it today at Capones I would've stopped by instead of planning to be there at 9am Wednesday. Oh well... I don't even care about the KBS. I just like to have beers for trade bait. People will do ridiculous things for over hyped beers like KBS, Pliny, HT, and Westy...

Capone's did get in some Russian River Consecration, which I think is a far superior beer to KBS (obviously completely different styles). I'll be stopping by Capone's to grab one of those regardless...

Brewed a Brown Ale today...

260387e6b9a111e39abc12699b210743_8.jpg

Should be awesome. Cause I'm awesome. I love getting back into brewing. Making the time is well worth it in the end.

Anybody looking for a 15G boil kettle with recirc, 3 piece SS BV, heat shield, BE analog thermometer, and dip tube? I'm looking to up my game to a 20G kettle...

Should be awesome. Cause I'm awesome. I love getting back into brewing. Making the time is well worth it in the end.

Anybody looking for a 15G boil kettle with recirc, 3 piece SS BV, heat shield, BE analog thermometer, and dip tube? I'm looking to up my game to a 20G kettle...

Your are awesome

Your are awesome
what was NOT awesome, was you sending me a pick of the brew day while I was stuck at work behind a computer...

Well, that's lame. If I'd known they were going to have it today at Capones I would've stopped by instead of planning to be there at 9am Wednesday. Oh well... I don't even care about the KBS. I just like to have beers for trade bait. People will do ridiculous things for over hyped beers like KBS, Pliny, HT, and Westy...

Capone's did get in some Russian River Consecration, which I think is a far superior beer to KBS (obviously completely different styles). I'll be stopping by Capone's to grab one of those regardless...

Sounds like some good old fashioned Butt Hurt if you ask me.

:):):):)

Sounds like some good old fashioned Butt Hurt if you ask me.

:):):):)

Yeah... classic butt hurt. Not really though. Matt's a good dude. He knows me and the rest of the Keystone crew and he's always been good to us. I can't complain.

I needed to stop by Whole Foods this week anyway.

Off topic, but I wanted to check one last time if anyone wants to go in on a pallet of cases with psutron and myself. We are looking to find takers for the remaining 50 cases of long neck 12 ouncers at $7.53 per case. If anyone is interested, please PM psutron or me within the next few days and we will place the order.

Latest posts

Back